BDL 2019 Week 8 - Portland Horned Owls @ Camden Hood Rats

SirA1

Portland Horned Owls @ Camden Hood Rats  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2019 at 04:01 AM

7 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Interior of your defense=attacking the middle  of the field not just running it up the gut

Well, I think you should understand that when you're speaking about running the ball (as you were in the part I quoted) and say you're going to focus on running at the interior of my defense, that doesn't mean "the middle of the field". Are you going to get to the middle of the field against my defense running the ball, avoiding the edges as you said, without going through the interior of my line? 

If so, break that one down for me.

• Like 1

And before you ask, "did you just base his secondary shutting my receivers down on 1 player playing good?"

Even if the answer was yes, isnt that what people have been doing all season with McCaffery and Mahomes when they vote for you based solely on those 2 guys basically every week? But the answer is no I didnt base it just on Greedy.

• Like 1

And also before anyone asks if I am telling them how to vote, that depends on the perspective. I'm saying we got 22 guys, 11 of each side of the ball or w/e, consider all of them, not just 1 or 2. If you're really voting based on one big name...I mean...I'm sorry but that's a load of crap. If someone is gonna lose a game it should be because the other team was better or had a truly superior gameplan, not because 1 guy is on the roster and is considered elite irl.

• Like 1

Also, on Chuck Clark:

From the Ravens website.

Without some largely unsung players, the Ravens wouldn’t be 5-2 at the bye. Here are seven under-the-radar names who have been vital to the team’s success.

Chuck Clark, S

Clark seamlessly moved into the starting lineup in Week 5 after Jefferson’s injury and the third-year player was well-prepared. He wears the “green dot” communication helmet, relaying defensive signals from Defensive Coordinator Wink Martindale to the entire unit. Clark has proven he can handle that extra responsibility. The Ravens had some miscommunications in the secondary early in the season, but those issues have disappeared during their current three-game winning streak.

“I don’t care what you throw at him, he knows exactly what to do and he’s going to be able to line everybody up on the defense,” Defensive Backs Coach Chris Hewitt said. “He doesn’t just know his job. He knows everybody else’s job. He’s just cool. He’s not going to get too high, he’s never going to get too low. He handles all the ups and downs throughout the game. He never wavers and he’s a really good football player.”

From a Ravens blog.

Most pleasant surprise: S Chuck Clark

While several startling midseason additions have helped the Ravens win three straight games, Clark’s also stepped into a large role and delivered top-notch play during his third season with the team. What’s especially surprising is that Clark, who entered the year as a backup, has spent the past two game wearing the defensive headset and relaying play calls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Greedy played this week and he actually played really well.

I know they played this week lol. They were still questionable also greedy didn't play 100% of the snaps. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Well, I think you should understand that when you're speaking about running the ball (as you were in the part I quoted) and say you're going to focus on running at the interior of my defense, that doesn't mean "the middle of the field". Are you going to get to the middle of the field against my defense running the ball, avoiding the edges as you said, without going through the interior of my line? 

If so, break that one down for me.

Poorly worded on my part but because of how often we use McCaffrey in the passing game that mean he's also be used to attack the interior of your defense through the air not just via the running game. It was implied more than anything and I should've added that detail in but the subtext is there. 

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Still hurt? You part of the Browns medical staff?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-8 nope just going off the browns own injury report saying they were still dealing with those injuries.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

And before you ask, "did you just base his secondary shutting my receivers down on 1 player playing good?"

Even if the answer was yes, isnt that what people have been doing all season with McCaffery and Mahomes when they vote for you based solely on those 2 guys basically every week? But the answer is no I didnt base it just on Greedy.

Figured as much was just pointing out they weren't 100% over their injuries. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Also, on Chuck Clark:

From the Ravens website.

From a Ravens blog.

The ravens talking up a player they drafted, I'm shocked.

He still sucks, I mean granted he's better than Jefferson but that's not exactly hard to do when Jefferson couldn't cover anything. 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

97%

0% Of the ST teams snaps though :D

Edited by SwoleXmad
oh snaps*
  • Like 1