Jamel Dean

bucsfan333

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don t know what Dean will be, but I know what 2 guys are that played more snaps then him today. 

He deserves to be the starter.

Hopefully Davis gets healthy this week. We might have a solid trio moving forward with him, Dean, and SMB.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hopefully Davis gets healthy this week. We might have a solid trio moving forward with him, Dean, and SMB.

yeah, these guys need to play.  SMB has played well, I know he got beat, but I m not detered.   I think they like SMB outside, so Davis may end up being a situational nickel or dime Qb.  I m fine with that because Dean and SMB have shown ball skills already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

yeah, these guys need to play.  SMB has played well, I know he got beat, but I m not detered.   I think they like SMB outside, so Davis may end up being a situational nickel or dime Qb.  I m fine with that because Dean and SMB have shown ball skills already.

Both are physical freaks. Just need experience.

Their potentials are through the roof.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Let s face it, they re both draft picks under Bowles watch, so all the other guys drafted before them need to really ball out, which isnt happening.

Davis has shown steady improvement. He's nowhere near the athlete of those two. But his coverage has really gotten better. And he's been a helluva lot less handsy his last couple games.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Davis has shown steady improvement. He's nowhere near the athlete of those two. But his coverage has really gotten better. And he's been a helluva lot less handsy his last couple games.

He has, but I m not sure he automatically moves SMB inside.  At this point. Hargreaves may have played himself to the bench, so out of necessity they move SMB inside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

He has, but I m not sure he automatically moves SMB inside.  At this point. Hargreaves may have played himself to the bench, so out of necessity they move SMB inside.

Davis can't play the slot. He's not physically capable.

I don't care how we do it. But I want that Koetter "best players on the field" ****.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Davis can't play the slot. He's not physically capable.

I don't care how we do it. But I want that Koetter "best players on the field" ****.

Yea...   Carlton isn't a good fit for the slot and Dean isn't either so if they are starting it will be SMB, VHIII, or Stewart IMO.  

I'm just wondering what Licht's thought process was drafting MJ Stewart.  I'm guessing they figured he would switch positions to safety.  Even scouting reports knew he wasn't a slot guy.

:ph34r:

NEGATIVES

—Lacks ideal height (5'10⅞") to play outside cornerback and doesn't have the speed to run well in the slot (4.54-second 40-yard dash).

—Short-area burst is average; not a twitchy guy and struggles some with hip tightness in transitions.

—Will struggle to run with top receivers.

—Doesn't have the height or vertical (35 inches) to compete with taller receivers.

http://prntscr.com/pv5zn4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea...   Carlton isn't a good fit for the slot and Dean isn't either so if they are starting it will be SMB, VHIII, or Stewart IMO.  

I'm just wondering what Licht's thought process was drafting MJ Stewart.  I'm guessing they figured he would switch positions to safety.  Even scouting reports knew he wasn't a slot guy.

:ph34r:

NEGATIVES

—Lacks ideal height (5'10⅞") to play outside cornerback and doesn't have the speed to run well in the slot (4.54-second 40-yard dash).

—Short-area burst is average; not a twitchy guy and struggles some with hip tightness in transitions.

—Will struggle to run with top receivers.

—Doesn't have the height or vertical (35 inches) to compete with taller receivers.

http://prntscr.com/pv5zn4

I'm fine with Stewart being a third/fourth safety. Or a slot CB if we're playing zone.

But he doesn't seem capable of playing man in the slot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm fine with Stewart being a third/fourth safety. Or a slot CB if we're playing zone.

But he doesn't seem capable of playing man in the slot.

We all know Licht has drafted the players spanning 3 HCs.  What we don t know is who has been shopping for the groceries.  

Pretty obvious who was shoppimg for the groceries this most recent draft.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We all know Licht has drafted the players spanning 3 HCs.  What we don t know is who has been shopping for the groceries.  

Pretty obvious who was shoppimg for the groceries this most recent draft.

BA wanted guys that fit Bowles' scheme. Long, athletic CBs that can physically do it all. We got that. It's all a matter of coaching now.

Don't have to worry about drafting press man guys for a zone scheme. Or drafting raw RBs who have never pass blocked in their lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

BA wanted guys that fit Bowles' scheme. Long, athletic CBs that can physically do it all. We got that. It's all a matter of coaching now.

Don't have to worry about drafting press man guys for a zone scheme. Or drafting raw RBs who have never pass blocked in their lives.

Yup, BA will continue to tear down the roster to his liking.  Just so happened the GM from the previous regime is still here.

• Like 1