BDL 2019 Week 10 - Portland Horned Owls @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

SirA1

Portland Horned Owls @ Williamsport Soul Reavers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2019 at 05:01 AM

20 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Um.. no he wasnt. Karl Joseph was injured in the Thursday night game, in fact he was injured on the final play of the game where he sealed the victory with a clutch interception. 

Joseph didnt play against Dallas. That's why it was so obvious the claim for Erik Harris came in after the deadline 

Yeah I know but he's still on IR , Let me explain this as how I see it, he played Thursday but went on IR Saturday meaning he's not eligible for BDL because we play on Sunday. 

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yep. That's right. I did my homework when doing this gameplan, made sure I knew who was active and who wasnt. My entire roster was active for this game. Thanks for trying though.

So did I, sometimes injuries are a crap shoot though or don't have listed sources (See Texans being on a bye week)

He should absolutely be eligible for this game. Thursday begins the league week. If he played on Thursday, part of week 10, he is absolutely eligible for this game. I get we play on Sunday, part RL Thursday games are still a part of the league week. That's why voting ends on Wednesday night logically speaking, because there is a Thursday night game. Nowhere in the rules does it suggest a player from the Thursday night game would be ineligible if injured during said game, for the Sunday matchup. That's simply a ridiculous notion. You're trying to create yourself an advantage. Just like your 9 defensive reserve players which I still dont know how you're getting away with. Yeah I get it, one guy plays both ways. YOU STILL HAVE NINE GUYS LISTED FOR DEFENSE which is a violation of the rules. If he is a reserve for both offense and defense he should count as part of your 8. I've said as much multiple times this season and I'm not the only one.

It's okay Xmad. Sometimes it's just not your week and your team ends up not being the better one. This, for you, is one of those weeks and it shouldnt be that hard to see.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He should absolutely be eligible for this game. Thursday begins the league week. If he played on Thursday, part of week 10, he is absolutely eligible for this game. I get we play on Sunday, part RL Thursday games are still a part of the league week. That's why voting ends on Wednesday night logically speaking, because there is a Thursday night game. Nowhere in the rules does it suggest a player from the Thursday night game would be ineligible if injured during said game, for the Sunday match up. That's simply a ridiculous notion. You're trying to create yourself an advantage. Just like your 9 defensive reserve players which I still don't know how you're getting away with. Yeah I get it, one guy plays both ways. YOU STILL HAVE NINE GUYS LISTED FOR DEFENSE which is a violation of the rules. If he is a reserve for both offense and defense he should count as part of your 8. I've said as much multiple times this season and I'm not the only one.

It's okay Xmad,  Sometimes it's just not your week and your team ends up not being the better one. This, for you, is one of those weeks and it shouldn't be that hard to see.

If a guy is on IR before the game he shouldn't be eligible that's just how i see it. If he was placed on IR Sunday/Monday I wouldn't say a word. 

I have 16 players on my bench, those are the rules and I'm not breaking them. 

It's okay man maybe you just need to take a step back from this match up huh? Don't work yourself up over what is a likely loss. I know it's frustrating but your team will get there. 

5 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

If a guy is on IR before the game he shouldn't be eligible that's just how i see it. If he was placed on IR Sunday/Monday I wouldn't say a word. 

I have 16 players on my bench, those are the rules and I'm not breaking them. 

It's okay man maybe you just need to take a step back from this match up huh? Don't work yourself up over what is a likely loss. I know it's frustrating but your team will get there. 

He wasnt on IR before the game. He PLAYED in the game. He was injured on the final play of the game. Did I stutter? 

Each lineup should field 11 starters (just like IRL) and up to 8 bench players for both Offense and Defense

nowhere in the rules does it specifys"16 players on the bench". It does however specify 8 on offense and 8 on defense. You have 9 on defense. It's not my problem if you didnt activate enough on offense. You're trying to create a loophole, you've been allowed to get away with it all season but it's clearly not permitted by the rules.

• Like 1

Likely a loss? You're team isnt better, imo. You've been trying to make stuff up to make it look better. You're DT tackle is inactive. Now you're trying to suggest I shouldnt be allowed to use my FS who was healthy for the entirety of his week 10 game. Gtfo with that crap.

I dont need to take a step back. I'm just not afraid to call you out on your bs I'm also not frustrated at all, BECAUSE IM RIGHT

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He wasnt on IR before the game. He PLAYED in the game. He was injured on the final play of the game. Did I stutter? 

nowhere in the rules does it specify"16 players on the bench". It does however specify 8 on offense and 8 on defense. You have 9 on defense. It's not my problem if you didn't activate enough on offense. You're trying to create a loophole, you've been allowed to get away with it all season but it's clearly not permitted by the rules.

But he was placed on IR before our BDL match up.

8 players on the offensive bench, 8 players on the defensive bench. 16 players.

I only have 16 bench players so if I want to play a guy on defense where's the rule saying you can't have a guy play both offense and defense? He's not a 17th player which would be breaking the rules. 

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Likely a loss? Your team isn't better, imo. You've been trying to make **** up to make it look better. Your DT tackle is inactive. Now you're trying to suggest I shouldn't be allowed to use my FS who was healthy for the entirety of his week 10 game. Gtfo with that ****.

I do not need to take a step back. I'm just not afraid to call you out on your bull****. I'm also not frustrated at all, BECAUSE I'M RIGHT

Of course you'd think your team was better, remember week 1 though? What have I said lol? Yep oh well I have 3 DTs on the bench, LEGALLY, and Jones is a better pass rusher anyway. I'm not suggesting that, that's just how I treat players on IR before a matchup I clearly said it should be up to the voters.

Are you though? What bullsnark am I saying? 

It says 8 each. Not 16 total. It means you're only allowed to have 8 each on reserve.

Secondly If Joseph isnt eligible despite playing Thursday night football, based on your logic; neither is Mike William's. Neither is any Oakland or Chargers player that played on Thursday. Yeah he was placed on IR after his game.

Yes I remember week 1 where my team was still superior and yet ppl said because of McCaffery and Mahomes you won. The gameplan i had to be fair, needed a lot of work then. It doesnt now. 

You can argue the IR bit all you want but your wrong.

Just like you're wrong about the reserve rules. There isnt a rule saying a guy cant be on both. It does say that you can only have 8 on offense and only 8 on defense. You're attempting to cheat the system.

Why you've been allowed to do it all season is beyond me. 17 players is irrelevant.  You have 9 reserve defense players and are only allowed 8.

Edited by wwhickok
Edited to appease those with thin skin

I've said all I want to say. You're wrong, simply put. Just remember you started all of this.

Like I said initially, just one of my WRs out performed all of your WR corps combined. My RBs out performed yours by A LOT and the QB play was relatively even.

The Defenses are different but my secondary against a WR corps that didnt perform well anyway..I mean yeah, good luck with that. Not to mention your starting DT isnt even active. 

Let the voting commence so I can move on from this WSR victory and prepare to pull off the upset over OKC.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

It wasnt personal. But of all the horse manure posted here by him, that's the one thing you're gonna comment on? Really?

He hasn’t personally attacked you. You said he must be incredibly stupid. And yes that is what I am going to comment on. I am a mod. And we can debate in this league without the personal attacks.