Jump to content

What if the Warriors Land the #1 Overall Pick in the Draft?


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is a legitimate possibility after Steph's injury.  They could have a starting lineup of:

Curry, Russell, Thompson, Green, Wiseman.  

That lineup would be nuts.  

Green is whatever, and so is Dlo sorta. Curry is Curry, but Klay is going to take some time to acclimate from his ACL and Wiseman will have to get through his rookie year so he doesn’t scare me. In the playoffs they will be a spoiler next year but there are going to be other teams I imagine that are stronger contenders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Green is whatever, and so is Dlo sorta. Curry is Curry, but Klay is going to take some time to acclimate from his ACL and Wiseman will have to get through his rookie year so he doesn’t scare me. In the playoffs they will be a spoiler next year but there are going to be other teams I imagine that are stronger contenders.

They'll have 3 20+ ppg guys that are elite shooters and can drop 30+ any given night, an elite defensive player in Draymond, and a young Joel Embiid like player with Wiseman. Plus all of their young role players are getting thrown into the fire this season so they'll develop. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

a young Joel Embiid

It was called a process for a reason.

i dont see it next year in Wiseman. He is so young and raw.

Green and Dlo are good players but with a hobbled Klay and rookie center plus Curry I dont think the Warriors are anything like the contender they were with KD, which they’d need to be to compete the other elite teams.

As far as a future with Wiseman, yeah who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

It was called a process for a reason.

i dont see it next year in Wiseman. He is so young and raw.

Green and Dlo are good players but with a hobbled Klay and rookie center plus Curry I dont think the Warriors are anything like the contender they were with KD, which they’d need to be to compete the other elite teams.

As far as a future with Wiseman, yeah who knows.

Wiseman isn't going to have to be a dominant force next season. He'll be able to rebound and block shots at a high level from the first moment he steps on an NBA court. It was a pretty limited sample size but what we did see is that he doesn't need a ton of looks or usage to be a productive player. He averaged 20/11/3 on 9 shots per game (77% FG) in only 22 minutes. Again, super limited sample size but PER40 he was averaging 34/19/6, he's a monster. 

Having an athlete like him in the middle of their defense will take it to the next level and he's skilled enough that he won't hurt their spacing on offense. You're underselling his value/talent, he's going to be productive from the jump. 

Draymond is who he is, a high-level role player that can run some point forward while providing elite defense. Is Klay going to be hobbled 18 months removed from his injury? His game isn't really based on being an elite athlete and he should be able to return to 100%. Curry is a top 3 player in the league when he's healthy and DLo is proving that he's a borderline elite scorer this season. 

If the Warriors get Wiseman they're going to be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league again and a title favorite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Embiid as a prospect > Wiseman. And Embiid was drafted in 2 0 1 4.

Two-thousand and fourteen. Five years later and we have Embiid maturing still and being load managed and getting banged up. Seven footers are so risky. Embiid had/has a shot, was much better defensively, and the personality traits of a leader. There is still so much to see with Wiseman. The kid is 18 years old and suspended by the NCAA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoleINGout said:

Also, Embiid as a prospect > Wiseman. And Embiid was drafted in 2 0 1 4.

Two-thousand and fourteen. Five years later and we have Embiid maturing still and being load managed and getting banged up. Seven footers are so risky. Embiid had/has a shot, was much better defensively, and the personality traits of a leader. There is still so much to see with Wiseman. The kid is 18 years old and suspended by the NCAA.

Wiseman is pretty damn close to Embiid as a prospect. 

Wiseman has never suffered a major injury. Embiid had dealt with a ton of injuries before he even got to the league and everyone knew that would be a problem for him throughout his career. 

Again, Wiseman doesn't have to be a dominant, elite offensive force as a rookie. He'll be a rim runner who gets a ton of easy looks (especially in GS), cleans up the glass on both ends and provides elite rim protection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

His game isn't really based on being an elite athlete

No but he is a rhythm shooter with a torn ACL who is going to have to rehabilitate his shot after he is done rehabilitating his knee. Athletically he will be impacted on defense as well while he tries to rebuild confidence and trust in his knee and then his all around game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

No but he is a rhythm shooter with a torn ACL who is going to have to rehabilitate his shot after he is done rehabilitating his knee. Athletically he will be impacted on defense as well while he tries to rebuild confidence and trust in his knee and then his all around game.

You can think of any excuse you want. If the Warriors land Wiseman, the rest of the league is in trouble. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see more Robert Williams III than Joel Embiid in James Wiseman. Embiid, despite his injury history, is an all around center. Wiseman is so raw and young that it is premature to compare him to most top draft picks. Especially if he never plays in college again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He got hurt in June 2019. He should be 100% by October 2020. 

Being cleared by doctors isn’t the same as being 100% of the player you were...

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You can think of any excuse you want. If the Warriors land Wiseman, the rest of the league is in trouble. 

...which isn’t an excuse haha, it’s the human body and modern medicine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...