another offseason by yours truly

LoganF89

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I would say its rather unlikely.  Even if they don't offer him a multi-year extension (because his play has been down this year), he's still a multi-time Pro Bowler.  They don't have any other candidates that would receive the tag so I think its unlikely he just walks.  If you're looking for a solid Guard to steal from us is Ereck Flowers.

If we can't / don't sign him to an extension and end up tagging him -- then I'm hoping we do the tag and trade. I don't want a repeat of the Cousins fiasco .

• Like 1

I like a lot of it, per usual. Not going to get hung up on some of the stuff I don’t like, because there’s some really good stuff there. 

If we’re going to take Thomas, I’d really prefer to move down, as you have them doing here. I think he ends up going behind at least Young, Jeudy, and two QBs — possibly Okudah or Brown/Delpit as well, given team needs. I think we could get him plus an asset a couple picks later. Maybe not as low as #8, but in the 5-6 range. Could grab a 2nd rounder for our trouble. 

I love Kenneth Murray, and I’d absolutely love to see them get him somehow. I think he fits well with Reuben Foster in either a 3-4 or 4-3 front, and I think we need to do a lot better at ILB than we’ve got currently. I don’t see long-term starter with Cole Holcomb, although I think he’s got the makings of a good solid backup (as does SDH). 

I’ve mentioned my fondness for the Hooper signing before, as well as a reunion with Kendall Fuller — although Moreau’s struggles on the outside suggest we might need more than just a slot CB. I also think franchising Scherff is the right strategy play. If we don’t find quality FA signings to take our money, we can always revisit the idea of a long-term deal with him.

I’m not sold on Gandy-Golden. We’ll learn more about him during the pre-draft process, but I’m always pretty skeptical of guys who dominate lower levels of competition by being better athletes than their opponents. He’s not going to outclass NFL defenses physically, so he’ll have to be able to get by on technique and polish, and I’m just not sure yet that he’s got that ability.

I think they need more speed on offense, so I’d like to see them get a burner with that early 3rd. Someone like KJ Hamler, perhaps, or Jalen Reagor if he slips down boards because of his drops issues. I think it’s critical to be able to threaten defenses deep, of course, but also to be able to uncover quickly moving horizontally on these 3rd and short/mediums that we tend to struggle with. A real speedster in the slot and a reliable TE would give Haskins some nicely improved weapons to go with Scary Terry. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I think Clowney is a Preston type, he doesn’t get the sack numbers but he’s often double teamed, and is always effective when he’s on the field

I took Trey Smith at guard, he can play tackle too. If Moses struggles you could plug him in, and as far as Roullier.. I don’t understand why people like him, he gets blown up often, he may be a decent run blocker when Haskins faces a lot of pressure it’s a lot from the inside.

i can live without 1 of Scherff and flowers since I chose smith. 

Basically I took 3 future starting Olineman and as far as receiver goes I don’t think I invested much TBH a 2nd rounder and a late 4th rather than using a 1st on a receiver or signing an overpriced verteran, but to each its own.

And it’s possible Thomas could be there at 8, stranger things have happened you gotta think if 3 QBs Jeudy, Young, Okudah, and one other player like Simmons, lamb, Delpit, could all go before him depending on who needs a OT and what talent is still on the board

i would be ecstatic if we had that draft

and I’m fine with Bieniemy picking his own OC, only reason I have oconnell on there is bc idk who he would pick to be his OC

Who was double-teaming Clowney when he was on the same field opposite JJ Watt?  Not putting up ridiculous sack numbers- or double digit at the very least- alongside a generational talent tells me all I need to know about Clowney.   Clowney has never had a double-digit sack season, and guess how many he has this year?  One.  That's bad.  Really, really bad.  

Roullier has been solid.  Knowing offensive line like I do, he's an above average center.  It doesn't help that Flowers is still learning at guard, and that we've had trash QBs and a rookie that he is trying to manage the game with.  

I missed Smith I guess.  I don't think we need to spend a second rounder on a receiver.  There's a lot of different ways we could use that, and I'd love to see an infusion at FS or CB.  

Andrew Thomas might be the next Trent Williams.  I don't think he falls to number 8.  But you are correct, things could happen, but with the rarity of franchise LTs, I think he is swallowed up in the top five.  

As for potential OCs, I would look at the Andy Reid coaching tree, and that also means Doug Pederson.  Duce Staley would be a potential candidate.  The current Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka could follow him. Brad Childress could come in and work more with KOC, similar to how the Vikings brought in Gary Kubiak to work with Kevin Stefanski.