BDL 2019 Semi-Final Round: #5 Camden Hood Rats @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

SirA1

Camden Hood Rats @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2019 at 05:01 AM

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Sin had a really rough week against Brees in god mode and Thomas who he had in man a lot.  So yeah, that didnt go well.

Hilton I disagree with.  I think hes terribly underrated.  

How often do you watch the Steelers?

For me, its every week. I see how he plays coverage or rather, blows it and finds himself out of position. He is a good blitzer and a hard hitter, but Cam Sutton is better than Hilton, considerably. Hilton is an average DB.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

How often do you watch the Steelers?

For me, its every week. I see how he plays coverage or rather, blows it and finds himself out of position. He is a good blitzer and a hard hitter, but Cam Sutton is better than Hilton, considerably. Hilton is an average DB.

I watch them quite a lot.  Sutton has never played over 50% of the snaps this year and averages around 20% of the snaps per game.  Hilton averages around 62% and has played over 90% of the snaps at times.  

If Sutton was actually better than Hilton, the numbers wouldn't be so skewed.  Tomlin isn't that bad of a coach.  There's no other excuse for Hilton playing 40% more snaps than Sutton if Sutton was better.

I won't argue that Hilton isn't an athletically average DB.  But he is tough, instinctive, great against the run, a great blitzer, excellent in zone coverage, and very good in man.  

You watching the Steelers more than me isn't relevant.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Serious question...so my heavy run defense set that I said I would use on early downs didn't cut it in terms of slowing Hyde down?

This set is for short yardage and early running downs. Early running downs doesn't make much sense to me. It's 1st and 10 are you running the heavy or lighter set? Since your base defense is on set #1 I assumed it was the lighter way. But either way I think Camden can have success passing vs the heavier set and running vs the lighter set. 

Honestly would have preferred a standard 2 LB set with a SS keying on Lamar and Evans/Trumaine taking the RB/TE. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I watch them quite a lot.  Sutton has never played over 50% of the snaps this year and averages around 20% of the snaps per game.  Hilton averages around 62% and has played over 90% of the snaps at times.  

If Sutton was actually better than Hilton, the numbers wouldn't be so skewed.  Tomlin isn't that bad of a coach.  There's no other excuse for Hilton playing 40% more snaps than Sutton if Sutton was better.

I won't argue that Hilton isn't an athletically average DB.  But he is tough, instinctive, great against the run, a great blitzer, excellent in zone coverage, and very good in man.  

You watching the Steelers more than me isn't relevant.

Except it's extremely relevant because I actually get to see him perform. Cam Sutton is definitely the superior player but then, Mark Barron gets more playing time than Devin Bush and Devin bush is better and that's not even arguable so your logic is flawed.

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Except it's extremely relevant because I actually get to see him perform. Cam Sutton is definitely the superior player but then, Mark Barron gets more playing time than Devin Bush and Devin bush is better and that's not even arguable so your logic is flawed.

This season, Cam Sutton has played 25.86% of snaps.  Hilton has played 61.57%.

Mark Barron has played 71.1%.  Devin Bush has played 81.99% of snaps.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2019-snap-counts.htm

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This season, Cam Sutton has played 25.86% of snaps.  Hilton has played 61.57%.

Mark Barron has played 71.1%.  Devin Bush has played 81.99% of snaps.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2019-snap-counts.htm

Bush played FAR more in the first 6 games or so.

Cam Sutton doesnt play as much as Hilton but when he does, he plays better.

I'm not saying Hilton is bad really, I just like Sutton more as a Steeler fan

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bush played FAR more in the first 6 games or so.

Cam Sutton doesnt play as much as Hilton but when he does, he plays better.

I'm not saying Hilton is bad really, I just like Sutton more as a Steeler fan

I know all about Sutton being that he went to UT.  But if he was better than Hilton, he'd be playing more.  The Steelers aren't that poorly coached.