Drew Brees - What's new with Drew?

Mid Iowa

Drew is trending in a great direction for a post season push.

In the last 5 games, he sits at
1379 yards
16 passing TD's
1 rushing TD
1 INT.
122.56 average rating.
77.2% average completion percentage

Just in the last 2 weeks he's accomplished;
656 yards
9 TD's
1 rushing TD
0 INT's
143.65 average rating.
84.6% average completion percentage.

• Like 1

He’s getting ball out super quick. I think even he knows deep ball is not gonna work anymore. CGM catches everything making drew look good. Also Cooks has started to come on has the ability to be great... has the drops sometimes but huge improvement over Watson last year. The only real thing that he does that pisses me off is dump offs to RBs even when they have no chance. Some times a throw away is a good thing. But even at his age at lease 25 other teams would give up anything to have him. Ps I’m also one that hopes he stays for a year or to more. He’s pin point  accurateness compares to none.

• Like 1

Side note I love Taysom but at times feel like it screws up flow. He almost always keeps. Needs to pass like 50% of the time so they don’t key on him running the option. Man I sound like a douch bitching about are 3 rd string do it all qb. Play calling not him is my complaint.

20 hours ago, Baldbob said:

Side note I love Taysom but at times feel like it screws up flow. He almost always keeps. Needs to pass like 50% of the time so they don’t key on him running the option. Man I sound like a douch bitching about are 3 rd string do it all qb. Play calling not him is my complaint.

I've had the same thought though. You pretty much know that when he's back there, he's going to do an RPO which essentially amounts to him keeping it.

I'm waiting for the day that they send Drew out wide, and nobody pays attention to him, then he receives a touchdown pass, or something cool like that.

Not just Drew. Here's something I pulled from Twitter:

Saints who are currently NFL leaders:

Brees, 75.3% completion
Thomas, 145 receptions
Thomas, 1,688 receiving yards
Thomas, 112.5 receiving yards/game
Harris, 34 punt returns
Harris, 319 punt return yards
Harris, 58 combined returns
Harris, 963 combined return yards

18 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I believe Brees became the first NFL QB to post QB ratings of 115+ in consecutive seasons. He's also tied Tom Brady with the most seasons with a rating of 110+, both with 3.

Had he played all 16 games, it's not unreasonable to think he wouldn't be knocking on the door to 40 TDs.  And as long as the efficiency stays close to the same, that is MVP caliber numbers.  He still doesn't beat Lamar, but it's that caliber of season anyway.

• Like 1