Terrance Mitchell

Jakuvious

I'm sure some may have already seen this, or at least some of the tweets around it, but I think it's a worthwhile read and a quality breakdown of Mitchell's play against the Patriots.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/14/16305998/chiefs-terrance-mitchell-was-better-than-you-thought-against-the-patriots

I was in the Gen GDT for most of the game, and I know a lot of people were really blasting Mitchell, but I do think it was overblown in the context of the targets that he got and the tandem (Brady/Cooks) he was generally playing against. I think that this game very easily could've been what Marcus Cooper's first game against Denver became, where a promising young corner gets picked on by an elite QB and has his confidence shattered, but that never happened with Mitchell. Despite him getting picked on, I'm really not concerned about his play this weekend when it's Wentz and Jeffery instead of Brady and Cooks.

Anyone else have any thoughts, here? I know most of us were high on him in the offseason. I'm sure some soured at least a bit after the Thursday night game.

I'm glad that got put together. Still have a ton of faith in TMitch, he was put in a pretty tough spot with Brady avoiding MP22 and it being his first real game time this year. He took some lumps but he never stopped battling where, say, Gaines vs Denver last year, got roasted and just seems to put his hands up and let it happen. TMitch was still there making plays. I'm looking forward to this week and him redeeming himself to his doubters.

Archived