Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers - NFC Divisional Round

Recommended Posts

I agreed with Pete Carroll during the game, but what do you guys feel about not going for it on 4th and 11 with about 2:48 or so left on the clock in the 4th quarter.  They still had the two minute warning, plus three timeouts.  Carroll decided to put the football and Russell Wilson never got another shot. 

I guess another topic of discussion would be why the worst DBs on the entire roster were defending Adams all game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, showtime said:

I agreed with Pete Carroll during the game, but what do you guys feel about not going for it on 4th and 11 with about 2:48 or so left on the clock in the 4th quarter.  They still had the two minute warning, plus three timeouts.  Carroll decided to put the football and Russell Wilson never got another shot. 

I guess another topic of discussion would be why the worst DBs on the entire roster were defending Adams all game....

Worse than that, it was 3rd and 5 before that.... If he's thinking its 4 down territory there, run with Wilson on 3rd down and either convert or face 4th and 2 or less

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, showtime said:

I agreed with Pete Carroll during the game, but what do you guys feel about not going for it on 4th and 11 with about 2:48 or so left on the clock in the 4th quarter.  They still had the two minute warning, plus three timeouts.  Carroll decided to put the football and Russell Wilson never got another shot. 

I guess another topic of discussion would be why the worst DBs on the entire roster were defending Adams all game....

I agree with it. He bet on his defense and they did their job... kinda. Forced GB in a 3rd and 9 with two timeouts in the pocket. Players (and coaches) did not execute. The Turner Drop, the 3rd and 5 Playcall, and Adams-Rodgers throw was a triple dagger. Still had a chance, forcing another 3rd and long, didn't execute. 

Seattles defense has always been rigid, players play areas. Green Bay moved Adams all over the field ensuring he would be running routes at or on Flowers, Amadi and Hill (on the last drive). Nothing you can really do there. Seattle did their best, bracketing Adams (Safety over the top) but Arod made the throws. 

Seattle fans can pick and choose who to scapegoat, but really it came down to 9-14 on 3rd down. If Seattle had stopped them on 1 or 2 of those, completely different ball game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Worse than that, it was 3rd and 5 before that.... If he's thinking its 4 down territory there, run with Wilson on 3rd down and either convert or face 4th and 2 or less

 

Wilson took a sack, though.  That's what made it 4th and 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, animaltested said:

I agree with it. He bet on his defense and they did their job... kinda. Forced GB in a 3rd and 9 with two timeouts in the pocket. Players (and coaches) did not execute. The Turner Drop, the 3rd and 5 Playcall, and Adams-Rodgers throw was a triple dagger. Still had a chance, forcing another 3rd and long, didn't execute. 

Seattles defense has always been rigid, players play areas. Green Bay moved Adams all over the field ensuring he would be running routes at or on Flowers, Amadi and Hill (on the last drive). Nothing you can really do there. Seattle did their best, bracketing Adams (Safety over the top) but Arod made the throws. 

Seattle fans can pick and choose who to scapegoat, but really it came down to 9-14 on 3rd down. If Seattle had stopped them on 1 or 2 of those, completely different ball game.

I agreed with it at first, but it's like.... Why punt? They were on Green Bay's side of the field, so you play to hold them to a FG and then try to tie the game.  I agree with you overall, though.  Many different reason they lost.  I wasn't trying to say they lost because they decided to punt.  I just don't get why Adams is on Amadi and Hill at that spot.  Like.... the worst defensive backs on the team is covering by far the best receiver they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, showtime said:

Wilson took a sack, though.  That's what made it 4th and 11.

Carroll should have been planning for 4 down territory on the 3rd and 5 call. He was trying to pass and get it all on 3rd down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×