Joey Bosa Saga part II

Leoric

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jayparis/2020/01/31/la-chargers-joey-bosa-is-seeking-a-super-payday-this-offseason/

I believe Bosa has earned the right to set the new highest paid defender. He has lived up to the number 3 with the only knock against him being injuries. Unless we can unload him for a Mack-esque return the man needs to be extended and prior to training camp. All that being said I fully expect Tommy Boy to I SIL Joey’s mom, demand his first born child be named Dean Spanos Bosa, offer him a paltry deal or some other nonsense that alienates Bosa. 

This one is tricky for me. Personally, I’d pay Joey and look to trade Melvin Ingram to balance out the money.  Joey is still what, 23 years old? He could still be part of the youth movement.  I really think the organization has to decide on a direction and it all has to do with QB.  If we go young QB (Tua, Herbert, Love etc) then I think we should be looking to cut/trade the vet players.  If we go vet QB (Rivers, or sign/trade for whoever) then we keep the vets and look to fortify the lines and make a run

Unless he makes a big hissy fit this offseason, I expect him to be extended by the Chargers. People forget that the team has been willing to shell out money for prime players at premium positions unless they cause unnecessary drama. Weddle was the highest paid safety in 2011 and everyone ridiculed the Chargers for doing that.