Joe

I'm a glutton for punishment.

FA(numbers per Spotrac)

Cuts: 
Jimmy Graham(saves $8 mil)
Lane Taylor(saves $4.612,500)

Signings(Cap is at $29,589,639)

ERFA's: Lazard, Sullivan, Tonyan, Redmond
UFA's(in house): Ervin($750k), Veldheer($750k), Bulaga(2/20 w/club option for 2022)
Extensions: Aaron Jones(4/48 - takes a hometown discount)

Andrew Billings, DT, 4/20, gives us a bigger body to put next to Clark
Image result for Andrew Billings market value

Onto the Draft using TDN rankings as a guide.

1(30): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Image result for jalen reagor

Reagor has the speed and toughness to play anywhere he lined up. He can also be that deep threat we've been lacking for quite sometime. 

2(62): Malik Harrison, ILB, OSU
Image result for Malik Harrison

Harrison is a bigger player that can change direction rapidly while still being able to be a force in the run game. 

3(94): Jordan Elliott, IDL, Mizzou
Image result for Jordan Elliott

Elliott has a good blend of size and has explosive hands. He can line up anywhere along the DL and will face fewer double-teams in the pros than he did in college.

4(133): Antoine Brooks, DB/Dime Backer, Maryland
Image result for antoine brooks jr

Brooks didn't clock in the fastest time as a DB at the combine and many question what his true position will be on the field at the next level. In any event, he's strong against the run, a sure tackler, and not afraid to be aggressive. Pettine probably can't wait to get his hands on him...

5(175): James Morgan, QB, FIU
Image result for james morgan fiu

He's coming home...only he can't wear 4 or 12. Maybe he'll wear 7 like Majik, who knows? Anyway, there's apparently a bunch of interest in the player and he's got a good head on his shoulders. Why not?

6(192): Justin Strnad, ILB, Wake Forest
6(208): Javelin K Guidry, CB, Utah
6(209): Dezmon Patton, WR, Wash. St.
7(224): Joey Magnifico, TE/H-Back, Memphis ....Magnifico-o-o-o-o-o-o-o I'm just a poor boy...
7(242): Scott Frantz, OT, K-State

Yeah...I know, only two WR's in a deep class, but we seemed to almost completely ignore the offense at the combine except for Reagor, a bunch of other guys that won't be there when we pick, and then a bunch of developmental guys like Quartney Davis who COULD be a 3rd round pick and a bit of a reach or Day 3 fliers. I find that to be quite odd. We're looking at an awful lot of ILB's so you can't help but think we double dip there in the draft, which would suggest that we may be targeting a WR in FA or we'll target DL in FA as I indicated above. Didn't want to get too much into the FA fray and felt Littleton's too expensive for us and Onwuasor's PFF grade was atrocious. Kwiatkoski is still a decent option, but do we have the cap space? We have to extend Jones and WILL be extending Clark at some point. That probably limits our options. Who knows...

Edited by Joe
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm a glutton for punishment.

FA(numbers per Spotrac)

Cuts: 
Jimmy Graham(saves $8 mil)
Lane Taylor(saves $4.612,500)

Signings(Cap is at $29,589,639)

ERFA's: Lazard, Sullivan, Tonyan, Redmond
UFA's(in house): Ervin($750k), Veldheer($750k), Bulaga(2/20 w/club option for 2022)
Extensions: Aaron Jones(4/48 - takes a hometown discount)

Andrew Billings, DT, 4/20, gives us a bigger body to put next to Clark
Image result for Andrew Billings market value

Onto the Draft using TDN rankings as a guide.

1(30): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Image result for jalen reagor

Reagor has the speed and toughness to play anywhere he lined up. He can also be that deep threat we've been lacking for quite sometime. 

2(62): Malik Harrison, ILB, OSU
Image result for Malik Harrison

Harrison is a bigger player that can change direction rapidly while still being able to be a force in the run game. 

3(94): Jordan Elliott, IDL, Mizzou
Image result for Jordan Elliott

Elliott has a good blend of size and has explosive hands. He can line up anywhere along the DL and will face fewer double-teams in college than he did in college.

4(133): Antoine Brooks, DB/Dime Backer, Maryland
Image result for antoine brooks jr

Brooks didn't clock in the fastest time as a DB at the combine and many question what his true position will be on the field at the next level. In any event, he's strong against the run, a sure tackler, and not afraid to be aggressive. Pettine probably can't wait to get his hands on him...

5(175): James Morgan, QB, FIU
Image result for james morgan fiu

He's coming home...only he can't wear 4 or 12. Maybe he'll wear 7 like Majik, who knows? Anyway, there's apparently a bunch of interest in the player and he's got a good head on his shoulders. Why not?

6(192): Justin Strnad, ILB, Wake Forest
6(208): Javelin K Guidry, CB, Utah
6(209): Dezmon Patton, WR, Wash. St.
7(224): Joey Magnifico, TE/H-Back, Memphis ....Magnifico-o-o-o-o-o-o-o I'm just a poor boy...
7(242): Scott Frantz, OT, K-State

Yeah...I know, only two WR's in a deep class, but we seemed to almost completely ignore the offense at the combine except for Reagor, a bunch of other guys that won't be there when we pick, and then a bunch of developmental guys like Quartney Davis who COULD be a 3rd round pick and a bit of a reach or Day 3 fliers. I find that to be quite odd. We're looking at an awful lot of ILB's so you can't help but think we double dip there in the draft, which would suggest that we may be targeting a WR in FA or we'll target DL in FA as I indicated above. Didn't want to get too much into the FA fray and felt Littleton's too expensive for us and Onwuasor's PFF grade was atrocious. Kwiatkoski is still a decent option, but do we have the cap space? We have to extend Jones and WILL be extending Clark at some point. That probably limits our options. Who knows...

Don't mind the draft as it's all personal preference/thoughts ... enjoy them all.  That being said, I'd like to resign Jones but not at $12 mil per year.  Be happy with Bulaga for 2 yrs at $10 mil per.   Could see Packers signing bigs on DL for sure.  Thinking 2-3 free agent signings overall.  

• Like 1

Thanks for putting in the effort on the mock. 

Can someone give me their version and a quick low down on Malik Harrison? I've heard good and bad of this kid. I watched OSU this year but don't particularly remember him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I'm fine with the mock, but not sure on Billings. He had a degenerative knee condition coming out of college, but don't know of the status on them.

That too concerned me but he wouldn't be an every down player and most likely would be used in early down sub-packages swapping him out for Jordan Elliott on obvious passing downs. I toyed with the idea of bringing Pierce in as well, but again, not sure how our salary cap lines up with all of that.