Trade ponderings while waiting for the CBA and stuff

kurgan

Just waiting for the CBA and stuff to do my mock draft and stuff.  I am thinking about what the likest scenarios for FA and stuff, and I just get mad about doing mocks since we only have 5 picks, and I was thinking about who do we have that could be tradable, even for a 4th or 5th round pick.  Just looking for people I would want to trade, and might fetch something:

QB:  Maybe Duck?

RB:  Nah...

WR:  Can't really see it...

TE:  Lol

OL:  If someone gave me something big for Feiler or Banner... I'd pass for any deal for Villy or DDC.  Can't see moving Pouncey.  We won't get what we put in for Chuks.

DL: I'd trade Alualu if I could get something for him.  Can't see heyward or Tuitt being shopped.

LB: Barron obs, but he is gonna be cut.  Bush and VWill would be a no for me.

DB:  No S, but CB might have a name or two.  I'd listen about a deal with Hilton, and maybe a bank breaker for Sutton.

So, not a whole lot, TBH.  I'd sell on Duck for a 6/7th and same for Alualu if I could get it.  I'd find a 5th for Hilton once we resigned him as an RFA.

Anyone I am missing??

6 picks.... only 2 in the Top 102.

I was just spitballing ways to get more draft capital.  I can see a lot of talent in the 4th/5th round that can help us AND cost a lot less. 

Helping the cap + extra picks=Win!!!

If they really are interested in WRs and JuJu and DJ are the long term top two, I wonder if Washington could be on the block. 

I think they would wait until next year for that, but if we are talking hypotheticals, I wonder if he could get us another 2 or an early 3. 

I would be surprised to see us trade anyone or anyone wanting anyone that we may be able to shop especially at WR and CB (both deep positions in the draft). Stranger things have happened, but I would be somewhat shocked by a player trade.

What I think maybe possible is someone trading additional picks with the Steelers to move up to their slot.  The Steelers only have six picks including the newly and officially awarded 3rd round comp pick.  If a team that has multiple picks like say Miami and they love a certain player, they may barter a few picks to move up and grab that player.  It may afford the Steelers an extra pick or two. I don't see them going after more than seven picks or eight at the most.  With the cap being strapped they are limited in free agency, so this may be a more viable option if they can find a suitable trade partner.

• Like 1

Me too... the only thing I could maybe see is if someone wanted someone with experience to come in right away (Hilton/Sutton) as opposed to a rookie.  He is really the only one, TBH, unless we can sell high on a RB that is valued elsewhere (Samuels?).

I def think taht #49 is in play.  If the right WR, DB or OT is there, someone with extra picks will come up.  That will give us more slots.  I'd love the Raiders 2 3rd rounders (#80/#81 I think).  A WR is gonna fall, and someone is gonna want to make a play.

I can totally see us take more rookies and UDFAs to round out our roster.  If you look at it on Sportrac, we are bloated at the top.  We have to fill out the rest of the 53 with lower level guys, and also start to look at a post-Ben world.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kurgan said:

Me too... the only thing I could maybe see is if someone wanted someone with experience to come in right away (Hilton/Sutton) as opposed to a rookie.  He is really the only one, TBH, unless we can sell high on a RB that is valued elsewhere (Samuels?).

I like Hilton, but realistically he may not get a tender if the cap does not increase. Sutton is an insurance policy and he is better than Hilton in pass coverage. However, Hilton is like having an undersized LB out there. He is a good blitzer, he's physical and a very willing tackler.  I would hate to lose that, but I do understand having Sutton waiting in the wings. Hopefully, the CBA can be agreed upon and it will open more roster spots and more cap $$$. I think that the Steelers still have hopes with Samuels. Some fans have been hard on him, but he is a solid 3rd down back.  I am not a big fan of him being an every-down back or long term replacement for Connors if he were to get hurt again.

I def think that #49 is in play.  If the right WR, DB or OT is there, someone with extra picks will come up.  That will give us more slots.  I'd love the Raiders 2 3rd rounders (#80/#81 I think).  A WR is gonna fall, and someone is gonna want to make a play.

I agree with you that ideally, we would want to get an extra top 100 pick or two. I pray that the flows ina way that allows us to get the right opportunity and trade partner. Mike Mayock has made it known that he doesn't like to trade those premium picks. 

I can totally see us take more rookies and UDFAs to round out our roster.  If you look at it on Sportrac, we are bloated at the top.  We have to fill out the rest of the 53 with lower level guys, and also start to look at a post-Ben world.

Yep.  That is what happens when you build a good team through the draft.  This year we have Bud and then we will have TJ and Minkah followed by Bush.