Dunder Mafia Paper Company - Everyone Wins, Daboyle Loses

Daboyle

8 hours ago, SwAg said:

How would you feel if squire was anomalously protected last night?

I would say that he's almost certainly Mafia. Why would any Townie protect Squire given how yesterday's lynch vote went down?

8 hours ago, SwAg said:

Squire’s literal position so far is to take almost no position, except that he is Town.  Going back to the first artificial exercise I had him do with Biggio after I mixed them up when they posted in succession.

The whole approach has been to say nothing to limit the damage done to his faction.

Yeah, but as I've pointed out in dead chat the past two games, Squire's threadplay leaves a lot to be desired.

8 hours ago, SwAg said:

Squire’s reasoning wasn’t that he thought either Finn or Hein were scum, he simply knows he’s Town, and then chose the inactive over Finn by happenstance.

Yes. And? If you know you're Town, then almost by definition you don't know anything about anyone else's role on Day 1. If I'm up for a lynch and there are two other people who could die instead of me, I'm taking my chances on one of them and continuing to play myself.

8 hours ago, SwAg said:

And it’s not averting your own potential demise, it’s the manner, timing, and rationale.  So, let’s quit reducing his actions down to the simplest form to make them more palatable, shall we?  Thanks.

Assuming you're directing this at me and not Orca, but I'm not reducing his actions at all or trying to make them more palatable. I'm pointing out that most Townies are going to blink in that scenario because nobody wants to die on Day 1.

5 hours ago, SwAg said:

I am here for your hourly reminder: squire, rack, finn.

I get a very Town read on Rack. Why get in a massive thread argument with you over Malf's obvious D1 gambit if he's Mafia? He's not gonna change your mind, he's probably not going to get you lynched unless Squire and Finn both come up Town, and it's just going to draw attention to himself. I don't think scum Rack would do that.

Squire has to be the lynch today. Finn doesn't tell us anything about Squire that we don't already know. Fine with somebody offing Finn during Night phase if Squire flips Mafia tho.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Squire has to be the lynch today. Finn doesn't tell us anything about Squire that we don't already know. Fine with somebody offing Finn during Night phase if Squire flips Mafia tho.

With what is semi known/leap connected this statement is highly worrisome 

• Like 1

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

No

It's based on an old game show. In the context of the show, one door is the grand prize, while the other two have no prizes. You have a 1 in 3 chance of picking the door with the grand prize at the start. After you pick one door, the show host opens one of the other two doors, revealing what's behind it, and gives you the choice to switch to a different door--including the one he just opened.

Statistically, you have a 1 in 3 chance of picking the grand prize with your first guess. But if you don't, the host isn't really choosing between two doors to open; he's only picking one because he obviously isn't going to open the door with the grand prize behind it and make it easy for you. So in the Monty Hall Problem, you actually have a better chance of winning the grand prize if you switch to the unrevealed door that neither you nor the host picked.

Let's apply that to the Squire situation. Squire is the opened door, from his perspective, as he already knows what he's going to flip as. Obviously, he's not going to want to pick himself. Thus, he's picking between two other options, effectively making that choice at random if he is Town or Independent.

However, if Squire is Mafia, then he's also playing the role of the host here because he knows something everyone else doesn't: whether the two choices he has are aligned with him. The host in Monty Hall knows which two doors are empty and which is the prize; in Mafia terms, this means Mafia Squire knows which two players are Mafia and which is not. Thus, there's only one "correct" choice for Squire if he's Mafia and one of the other two lynch options is his teammate. Since we know Heimdallr was Town, that makes it more likely (not 100%, just likely) that Finn is also Mafia since Squire chose to lynch Heimdallr.

• Like 1