Seattle Releases TE Ed Dickson & FS Tedric Thompson

turtle28

Now, we have added a FS in Sean Davis to be our starter and to compete with Apke and we’ve added 4 TEs to compete with Sprinkle, Henteges and Jerome Cunningham but for the sake of having another topic and a new discussion, would you be interested in one of these guys or both of them?

I have to say I’m interested for the sake of competition in both guys. Ed Dickson has a lot of talent at TE, he played several years in Carolina under Rivera too. Now, Dickson has never really lived up to what his talent level is - mostly bc of injuries - and now he’s 32 but he would provide another vet for competition and like Richard Rogers, if either won the job their veteran presence at TE & good hands would help Haskins in his development.

Tedric Thompson is just 25, he was a 2017 4th round pick for the Seahawks and he was their starting FS until his shoulder injury ended his season last year. After he was injured last year that’s when the Lions traded for Quandre Diggs. Thompson had 19 recs & 2 ints in 6 starts last year for Seattle.

Any interest?

Thompson, a 2017 fourth-round pick out of Colorado, started six games last season at free safety, but his season was cut short by a shoulder injury that landed him on injured reserve. Thompson started 10 of 14 games played in 2018, taking over a starting role after Earl Thomas landed on injured reserve with a leg injury.

Over the course of three seasons, Thompson started 16 games and recorded 80 tackles, three interceptions, one forced fumble and five passes defensed.

The addition of Quandre Diggs via a midseason trade last year, as well as the selection of Marquise Blair and Ugo Amadi in last year's draft, along with the presence of veterans like Bradley McDougald, Lano Hill and Thompson, created a deep and competitive safety group.

Dickson, a 10-year NFL veteran who previously played in Baltimore and Carolina, signed with the Seahawks as a free agent in 2018, but unfortunately injuries limited his impact over the past two seasons.

Dickson missed the first six games of the 2018 season due to a knee injury, then played in the final 10, catching 12 passes for 143 yards and 3 touchdowns. In 2019, Dickson opened the season on injured reserve, then was designated to return in October. Unfortunately, his return to practice was short-lived, as Dickson went back on injured reserve later that week.  

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Not really any interest from me, because you have similar players already on the roster.  But I imagine they could take a flier on Dickson due to his familiarity with Rivera.  

True, Thompson actually would be more intriguing bc he’s only 25 and has started 16 games and has 80 tackles, 5 PDs & 3 ints in that time.

I think a flier on both should be considered.

Edited by turtle28