FFMD War Room

Kirill

9 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I can never hate drafting Moss,  plays just like Hunt.   

Probably would have taken D. Taylor,   But I think we got our starting RB in this round.  He fits how our offense plays perfectly.  

Darrel Taylor was gone. The more I think about the Zack moss pick the more I like it. We will have an elite running game for cheap the next 4 years.

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

Well, that pick I don't understand at all ... but that's me.

The DeAndre Washington signing makes any thought of a RB draft obsolete anyway ...

The value was too good to pass up, and Moss is a different kind of RB. It also went down before the Washington signing was well publicized. 

I just wish we have Dugger. Then it would make fantastic sense.

J

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The value was too good to pass up, and Moss is a different kind of RB. It also went down before the Washington signing was well publicized. 

I just wish we have Dugger. Then it would make fantastic sense.

J

The Washington signing doesn't matter here .. but having virtually signed Taylor does. I consider value as "value to the team" - and at this point there was none.

Just my thoughts.

Will have to virtually deal with it. A late seventh left? 

I tried trading down but nothing materialized and Zack Moss had been my BPA for an entire round now. I knew many people on here liked Moss as well. Anyone else I would have drafted is still available at the start of the 5th round, so I'm trying to figure out if we can trade something to get an upcoming pick.

We've seen how unstoppable our offense is when we have the threat of a dangerous running game. We also saw Andy Reid didn't abandon the run game in the superbowl and we won. The drafting of Taylor and Moss isn't about changing our team to a running team, it was about value. We got Moss out of a 5th round pick and Taylor out of our late 2nd which was basically a 3rd. Having both gives our offense a massive insurance policy from the standpoint that even if one of our RB gets hurt we still have 2 good ones that will keep defenses honest.

Edited by Kirill

@Kirill don't get me wrong here.

Going BPA is fine. But if the BPA available won't see the field at all for the foreseeable future it doesn't help much drafting him. And I think that's the case here - unless you cut some recent guys we considered competent at least. Stashing the PS? Do you think he'll pass waivers unclaimed??

Sorry, this was a spot to skip the BPA approach and go to to BVA ... Best Value Available ... for the team  . and may be long term ... with two years as a backup or whatever. In the fourth you don't draft for immediate contribution but for ST and long term return.

Fourth rounders compete with UDFA for backup jobs ... to build long term depth.

Do you really want to usea draft spot to compete at position that seems to be set and at the back could be filled UDFA?

It just doesn't make sense in my view.

3 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

The Washington signing doesn't matter here .. but having virtually signed Taylor does. I consider value as "value to the team" - and at this point there was none.

Just my thoughts.

Will have to virtually deal with it. A late seventh left? 

This pick was not the problem. it was the one in round two. You cannot say that Moss won't see action. He immediately becomes the hammer.

Go with a punter or WR. The WR class is so deep, there will still be 4th/5th round quality at the end of the draft. One I like is the other Cleveland, Tyrie. 

J

I'd still rather have Dugger. He went the next pick.

Looking at the available players, Shy Carter is the best player, but I doubt he makes it to us. ILB, Cam Brown or Markus Baily, are4th/5th type players and either would work. P Hofrichter and Mann are possibles. It's scary how many decent WR are left, but don't take one. That's where UDFA comes in.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

Turk just went to Pittsburgh.

There may be an issue with Shyheim Carter that I have not heard. He's a nickel/coverage safety type with good ball skills who rates a hundred picks higher. At this point, why not roll the dice? Bassey works too. ILB is another position we want and there are two decent ones on board, Cam Brown or Markus Baily. If you go P, I like Mann for Texas A&M.

J

On 4/15/2020 at 9:03 AM, samsel23 said:

OG Michael Onwenu

CB Essang Bassey

DE Derek Tuszka

P Michael Turk

Are the names that kind of stuck out to me.

just drafted Michael Onwenu. Should be a good backup to LDT

Edited by Kirill

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I thought we already drafted an OG.

J

Lemieux played his whole career at LG, Onwenu played his whole career at RG. He's a depth pick to be the backup behind LDT. Protecting Mahomes is priority #1.