49ers interested in TE Evan Engram?

Acgott

Why would they be interested in a Tight End that is often injured and still injured right now if I am not mistaken. Because of this virus situation their doctors are not going to be able to check him out. If the 49ers will agree to not void the deal do to injury then I would trade Engram  for their 3rd round draft pick, (would trade him for their 2nd round if he was healthy).

20 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Why would they be interested in a Tight End that is often injured and still injured right now if I am not mistaken. Because of this virus situation their doctors are not going to be able to check him out. If the 49ers will agree to not void the deal do to injury then I would trade Engram  for their 3rd round draft pick, (would trade him for their 2nd round if he was healthy).

Doctors can still give physicals to players, there is just a delay sometimes depending on where the player lives and the doctor available.

The 49ers have 2 first, (13,31) and then their next pick is a 5th rounder, so they would have to be very creative to trade for Engram. It seems unlikely 

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Doctors can still give physicals to players, there is just a delay sometimes depending on where the player lives and the doctor available.

Are you positive about that? This link is only 6 days old.

https://www.trentonian.com/sports/how-virtual-communications-are-affecting-giants-free-agency-draft-prep/article_1fc470f6-7e81-11ea-9594-7312ecfa5965.html

That became particularly crucial during the second week of free agency. The NFL Physicians Society announced March 23 that all NFL-related physicals would be indefinitely discontinued, so no more free agents and draft prospects will not be examined until the health crisis has passed.

11 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Are you positive about that? This link is only 6 days old.

https://www.trentonian.com/sports/how-virtual-communications-are-affecting-giants-free-agency-draft-prep/article_1fc470f6-7e81-11ea-9594-7312ecfa5965.html

That became particularly crucial during the second week of free agency. The NFL Physicians Society announced March 23 that all NFL-related physicals would be indefinitely discontinued, so no more free agents and draft prospects will not be examined until the health crisis has passed.

Yes, it’s how trades such as the DeAndre Hopkins trade is official. There will be delays, but you don’t need a NFL doctor for a physical.

I believe the Giants free agents have not taken their physical yet. Engram had lisfranc surgery and was in a walking boot recently, so that could also complicate any potential trades.

10 hours ago, Acgott said:

The 49ers have 2 first, (13,31) and then their next pick is a 5th rounder, so they would have to be very creative to trade for Engram. It seems unlikely 

Just dont see it happening for this reason.  Obviously they cant part with a 1st rounder for Engram.  And I doubt we would take only 2021 draft capital.  I don't see it happening