With the 137th pick, the Jaguars select CB Josiah Scott

pwny

13 minutes ago, Jags said:

I love the pick even more now. 

There's also the part that dating back to 1997 (and probably further, I just couldn't find 40 times), only three CBs who ran slower than 4.42 were drafted in the top 13 or so, and all three had middling careers. Doesn't mean that Okudah will have the same lack of success, but it was the point of discussion that some teams may not have him viewed that high because he's lacking that elite speed. 

21 hours ago, pwny said:

There's also the part that dating back to 1997 (and probably further, I just couldn't find 40 times), only three CBs who ran slower than 4.42 were drafted in the top 13 or so, and all three had middling careers. Doesn't mean that Okudah will have the same lack of success, but it was the point of discussion that some teams may not have him viewed that high because he's lacking that elite speed. 

I can only become so excited over a pick at one time. I have reached my maximum level on CJ Henderson > Okudah. I might start losing eyesight if this continues. 

On 25/04/2020 at 1:55 PM, Jags said:

Wait, was someone really saying that Okudah would not be great? Was that really a discussion? Was there someone saying that a corner in this draft was higher rated than Okudah? 

I don't think it's that crazy a discussion.  Plenty of high pick CBs don't really pan out as "great".  Especially when they don't have elite speed traits.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't think it's that crazy a discussion.  Plenty of high pick CBs don't really pan out as "great".  Especially when they don't have elite speed traits.

I need more names and examples. I can only think of Mo Claiborne off the top of my head. That is considering if we're saying top 10 picks, but in the top 5, I can't think of recent examples right now. 

5 hours ago, Jags said:

I need more names and examples. I can only think of Mo Claiborne off the top of my head. That is considering if we're saying top 10 picks, but in the top 5, I can't think of recent examples right now. 

i havent seen many top 5 corners and im looking from 2000 to the 2018 draft. we have a total of 5 guys picked in the top 5 as CBs.  Peterson, Ramsey and ward are all hits to me.  

Terrance Newman wasnt a superstar guy wasnt really a bust.

Jammer wasnt a super bust as he played along time but he wasnt a true shutdown guy or a turnover creater. 

there has been 15 total cbs taken in the top 10 since 2000 including the guys listed above this. 

if u want to go to top 10 your missing Dee Millner and Justin Gilbert right off the top.

u can argue that Carlos Rogers, Antrell rolle, and Adam Jones were busts.

Eli Apple was a bust.

then u also have guys who didnt exactly perform to superstar status but were solid dudes like Dunta Robinson and Deangelo hall and Joe Haden

Stephen gilmore was a hit.