2012 49ers vs 2019 49ers

Elky

Which team was better?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. 2012 vs 2019

2 hours ago, Elky said:

QB: 2019 - You-Know-Who was a more dynamic athlete and capable of big plays, but Garappolo is much more consistent.

I'm gonna stop you right here.  Kaepernick was ELITE in 2012.  He carried the 49ers to multiple wins down the stretch and in the playoffs.  Something Garropolo has yet to do in a big game (outside of that shootout against the Saints).  

I honestly don't even think Garropolo was a good QB last year.  I think Shanahan's genius has masked just how awful he has been.  To think 2012 Kaepernick vs 2019 Garropolo is even a debate is crazy to me.   

This is Kaepernick all the way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VanS said:

I'm gonna stop you right here.  Kaepernick was ELITE in 2012.  He carried the 49ers to multiple wins down the stretch and in the playoffs.  Something Garropolo has yet to do in a big game (outside of that shootout against the Saints).  

I honestly don't even think Garropolo was a good QB last year.  I think Shanahan's genius has masked just how awful he has been.  To think 2012 Kaepernick vs 2019 Garropolo is even a debate is crazy to me.   

This is Kaepernick all the way. 

Agreed. There’s literally no way that Jimmy G was better than that iteration of Colin K. Like one dude was a legit force that could take over games and the other dude was someone you just rely on to not screw things up.

• Like 1