Star Wars: Squadrons (Project Maverick)

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Comes out tomorrow. Reviews have been solid so far. Might be worth the $40. 

I’ve had it preordered since day one but I am a huge Star Wars fan. The cockpit view reminds me of the old XWing games so I am excited. I am just afraid we are going to miss the depth of a normal online game and are getting a short tutorial campaign 

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’ve had it preordered since day one but I am a huge Star Wars fan. The cockpit view reminds me of the old XWing games so I am excited. I am just afraid we are going to miss the depth of a normal online game and are getting a short tutorial campaign 

It said somewhere it's 15 missions. Doesn't sound too bad. And cross play, so you and I will have to hook up online and play. 

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Was perusing through this:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-squadrons/Tips_and_Tricks

Seems like there is a lot of little things you can do that feel like the movies. I like the d-pad alternatives to divert power to thrusters or to shields. You can also focus shields. 

This is a true throwback to the XWing games. You had to balance your engines, weapons, shields and even a beam weapon, and it seems you also have counter measures for missiles. 

Man, this game is so damn fun in VR. I an't play for more than an hour, but I've done a few sessions now. The TIEs are definitely better for VR than the Rebel fighters - the TIEs only have the front facing window, where-as the X and A wings have front and overhead, and if you look up it can make you pretty dizzy. 

I haven't played and multiplayer yet, just chugging through the story which is quite good imo. If anyone want to play multi let me know, I'm playing on PC which doesnt matter cause of crossplay but I don't know how you invite people

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Man, this game is so damn fun in VR. I an't play for more than an hour, but I've done a few sessions now. The TIEs are definitely better for VR than the Rebel fighters - the TIEs only have the front facing window, where-as the X and A wings have front and overhead, and if you look up it can make you pretty dizzy. 

I haven't played and multiplayer yet, just chugging through the story which is quite good imo. If anyone want to play multi let me know, I'm playing on PC which doesnt matter cause of crossplay but I don't know how you invite people

I am intimastix on PS4. WOuld love to link up when I can play. What's your PC name?