First-Round 2021 Madden Simulated NFL Mock Draft

turtle28

‪First-Round 2021 Madden Simukated NFL mock draft (via @DSchmelzerFS)

The draft is awful - had to be done before the Pts signed Cam - but, I’d take Washington picking at 18, almost making the playoffs & still drafting a #1 CB in Shaun Wade of OSU.  

https://nflmocks.com/2020/07/11/2021-nfl-draft-mock-draft-madden-sim/#!#comment-4988448110

This must have been done before the Pats signed Cam Newton. Newton gets them from being what looked like a team which could be picking in the top 10 w/ Stidham at the helm to once again the best team in the AFC East, at worst the 2nd best team after the Bills.

I also don’t think the Colts & Vikings will be picking that high. These teams at worst will be around .500 and picking in the high teens.

The Bengals, Jags are Redskins are going to be in the running for the top pick w/ the Panthers. I think the Jags are the worst team in the league, but you can make the case for any of the 4.

Even as a Redskins fan, I can’t believe the Madden simulation had the Redskins at 18, as he said you expect them to be picking in the top 5 when all is said and done, as do I. The Redskins have major question marks on the left side of their OL, a major question mark at TE, #2 WR, CB and at all of their LB positions - they have guys at those positions but since they don’t have a definite answer it’s a problem. As the old saying goes, if you have 2 QBs, you don’t have 1! And that’s the case for those positions for the Skins.

Edited by turtle28

Big shocker here probably, but I’d be looking to trade down from that spot. It’s not that I don’t like Wade, it’s just that I like a lot of other players left on the board — Devonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Sage Surratt, Jevon Holland, Pat Freiermuth, Caleb Farley, Walker Little, Ar’Darius Washington, Samuel Cosmi (more of a project than the others), probably some others. 

If we could move back to something like 28 (for an extra 2nd) or even just something like 23 or 24 (for an extra 3rd), we could still get one of those players plus a nice bonus spin of the wheel. I’d prefer that to just nabbing Wade at 18.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, e16bball said:

Big shocker here probably, but I’d be looking to trade down from that spot. It’s not that I don’t like Wade, it’s just that I like a lot of other players left on the board — Devonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Sage Surratt, Jevon Holland, Pat Freiermuth, Caleb Farley, Walker Little, Ar’Darius Washington, Samuel Cosmi (more of a project than the others), probably some others. 

If we could move back to something like 28 (for an extra 2nd) or even just something like 23 or 24 (for an extra 3rd), we could still get one of those players plus a nice bonus spin of the wheel. I’d prefer that to just nabbing Wade at 18.

I could see that too, but I wouldn't do what we did in 08 and trade out of the first especially now bc of the 5th year option. Not that you were suggesting that, just saying.