Top 10 OLs

Chiefer

Has Oakland's OL been that great this year?? Their run game,mostly Lynch, has been pretty bad and Care was being pressured a lot more often than what we've been used to seeing. 

Dallas has also been a disappointment. Not that they're anything but very good to great, but not the elite, once in a decade kind of unit they were hyped to be. Collins is struggling at his new spot at RT and the LG spot has been weak. They aren't a dominant group at every position like some made them out to be.

I'd say right now best would be Tennessee. Henry and Murray both averaging 5+ ypc and they have maybe the best bookend duo in the league in Lewan and Conklin. Other than....

Philly. Peters was supposed to be finished years ago. But the guy has gotten BETTER at the age of 34 or 35 (can't remember which) than he was at 31 or 32. Lane Johnson is probably the best RT in the NFL. Jason Kelce was elite years ago and then under Chip Kelly he looked bad. Now, he is back to his old form. Brandon Brooks is a star at TH. Dude is a mauler.  Loved that signing.  Our weak link was at LG. Seamulo started the year there and was a disaster. Warmack wasn't that good in his place, though he is good depth. Ever since the insertion of Steven Wiz at the LG spot, we look like maybe one of the better OLs from 1-5 in the league. I was always shocked at the fact that he would always be a FA and no team ever locked him down. Dude is still in his prime and he is incredibly valuable given his ability to play center also. 

The Rams have had maybe the biggest turnaround in the league. Last year was egregious and they went out and stole Whitworth a way from the Bengals (thanks to Mike Brown's asinine refusal to pay his players), signed Sullivan at center, and Saffold, Brown, and Havenstein have both benefited from those additions as well as having all improved immensely. 

These teams I'd say are playing at the highest level at the moment. 1.Tennessee 

2. Los Angeles

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Jacksonville

6. Washington 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Has Oakland's OL been that great this year?? Their run game,mostly Lynch, has been pretty bad and Care was being pressured a lot more often than what we've been used to seeing. 

Dallas has also been a disappointment. Not that they're anything but very good to great, but not the elite, once in a decade kind of unit they were hyped to be. Collins is struggling at his new spot at RT and the LG spot has been weak. They aren't a dominant group at every position like some made them out to be.

I'd say right now best would be Tennessee. Henry and Murray both averaging 5+ ypc and they have maybe the best bookend duo in the league in Lewan and Conklin. Other than....

Philly. Peters was supposed to be finished years ago. But the guy has gotten BETTER at the age of 34 or 35 (can't remember which) than he was at 31 or 32. Lane Johnson is probably the best RT in the NFL. Jason Kelce was elite years ago and then under Chip Kelly he looked bad. Now, he is back to his old form. Brandon Brooks is a star at TH. Dude is a mauler.  Loved that signing.  Our weak link was at LG. Seamulo started the year there and was a disaster. Warmack wasn't that good in his place, though he is good depth. Ever since the insertion of Steven Wiz at the LG spot, we look like maybe one of the better OLs from 1-5 in the league. I was always shocked at the fact that he would always be a FA and no team ever locked him down. Dude is still in his prime and he is incredibly valuable given his ability to play center also. 

The Rams have had maybe the biggest turnaround in the league. Last year was egregious and they went out and stole Whitworth a way from the Bengals (thanks to Mike Brown's asinine refusal to pay his players), signed Sullivan at center, and Saffold, Brown, and Havenstein have both benefited from those additions as well as having all improved immensely. 

2. Los Angeles

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Jacksonville

6. Washington 

I don't think KC should be that high. Our starting interior is out, although Ehinger could be Coming back we'll see.(he may not be all that good anyways) Fisher been hurting, and Schwartz has been getting beat pretty bad this year.

Its funny because we're rated #1 in run blocking but also last in pass blocking. Our backup OL strength is definitely at run blocking, which is why we've maintained that level. Leading the league in sacks given up, some of that is on Alex, but not all of it.

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

2. Los Angeles

3. Philadelphia

4. Kansas City

5. Jacksonville

6. Washington 

The first two games, yes, Oakland's Oline played great.  The last two games not so much.  Washington and Denver beat em up.  So no, I wouldn't put Oakland up there as of right now, but the talent is there to be towards the top.

Archived