Hunting

eagles101

I dont think many people on here are into hunting but i thought i would try it out. 

Whos into hunting here or wants to try it?  Pretty excited for hunting season. Opening day today but i have a birthday party and didnt have time to sight in my bow. 

We have a deer cull going on so i would have been out there to get does but i have until jan to do that so theres no rush. I plan on going out around nov 10. My family didnt rent out the two fields for planting so i dk how the deer are going to act this year. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm an avid whitetail hunter. WI bow season opens mid-september but I haven't been able to archery hunt in a couple years. Rifle season here opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving and that 9-day hunt is pretty much a huge family holiday.

What kind of rifle do you shoot? Im in michigans restricted area so im limited to using a shotgun. But ive got a h&r ultra slug gun with a scope so i can poke it out there a distance.

52 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

What kind of rifle do you shoot? Im in michigans restricted area so im limited to using a shotgun. But ive got a h&r ultra slug gun with a scope so i can poke it out there a distance.

We were shotgun only until maybe 7 years ago or so. My primary rifle (that I take out west as well) is a Browning A bolt .300 WSM. Bought it about 15 years ago. Decided at the time to go synthetic and silver with a silver Leupold scope. Still serves me well, haven't had to adjust it sighting it in in probably 10 years. 

On 10/1/2017 at 12:50 PM, incognito_man said:

We were shotgun only until maybe 7 years ago or so. My primary rifle (that I take out west as well) is a Browning A bolt .300 WSM. Bought it about 15 years ago. Decided at the time to go synthetic and silver with a silver Leupold scope. Still serves me well, haven't had to adjust it sighting it in in probably 10 years. 

Nice gun. I hope we stay shotgun personally. A lot of idiots out there that are taking wild shots with fmj's. To much close quarter hunting in my area for it to be really feasible. I wont get a shot more then 90 yards in my area and i cant paper plate it with my 12 gauge all day.

On 10/1/2017 at 12:50 PM, incognito_man said:

Nice gun. I hope we stay shotgun personally. A lot of idiots out there that are taking wild shots with fmj's. To much close quarter hunting in my area for it to be really feasible. I wont get a shot more then 90 yards in my area and i cant paper plate it with my 12 gauge all day.

Archived