The Good. The Bad. The UGLY. Week 4 Chiefs

Ghostnote

3 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

You are nuts Dashing, no fan should be scared going into that game in our stadium playing at 1:00 PM against an 0-5 team, especially us coming off a bye.  I mean so much is stacked against the 49s for this game, hell they will need to have ever break, every player giving his capable maximum and we still need to play mediocre for us to lose.  

The only thing that scares me is playing down to their level.  We got to come out and take it to them like the Eagles did yesterday with the Cardinals and we are capable of doing that.  

BTW i was thinking, Perine IMO failed us miserably in the loss against KC.  If that guy doesn't fumble that pitch (its almost certainly a first the blocking in front was perfect), then Gruden is confident to give him the ball on that sequence when we had a 2nd and 3.  At 3rd and 2 you run it again with him.  i think he gets it.  But Gruden couldn't put him in there, zero confidence he doesn't do something stupid like fumble the handoff.  

I hope this kid picks it up man, to see what GB got in the 5th round in Aaron Jones its depressing right now for all of us skins fans.

LOL we are the ONLY TEAM that likes to let teams that start out winless get there first win or keep it close.    - 2007(giants)-2008(Rams)- 2009(Lions)-2010(Lions again)-  we have kept every winless team close we haven't given them one since but lets not forget last year browns game where we had a 14-0 lead and completely lost it and almost lost, If not for a questionable fumble call we would of lost.

The 49ers D is progressing every week .

On 10/9/2017 at 10:53 AM, Dashing202 said:

LOL we are the ONLY TEAM that likes to let teams that start out winless get there first win or keep it close.    - 2007(giants)-2008(Rams)- 2009(Lions)-2010(Lions again)-  we have kept every winless team close we haven't given them one since but lets not forget last year browns game where we had a 14-0 lead and completely lost it and almost lost, If not for a questionable fumble call we would of lost.

The 49ers D is progressing every week .

All true as it was true that we couldn't win on prime time right Dashing?   Times change my friend.

8 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

All true as it was true that we couldn't win on prime time right Dashing?   Times change my friend.

The raiders aren't good this year there looking like a 6-10 team.

the 49ers atleast have defense while there O is built to get little chunk of yards .

this is a harder game than the raiders the 49efs are hungry for a win and Kyle shanahan will be gutsy all game .

21 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

The raiders aren't good this year there looking like a 6-10 team.

the 49ers atleast have defense while there O is built to get little chunk of yards .

this is a harder game than the raiders the 49efs are hungry for a win and Kyle shanahan will be gutsy all game .

When we played the Raiders no one gave us a chance.  In fact they had the Raiders as a top 5 team.  When we played KC no one gave us a chance and yet we were a catch away from winning that game.  I am not saying there is no way we lose to the 49s, but we should win.  

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

When we played the Raiders no one gave us a chance.  In fact they had the Raiders as a top 5 team.  When we played KC no one gave us a chance and yet we were a catch away from winning that game.  I am not saying there is no way we lose to the 49s, but we should win.  

Nah we had a chance to beat the raiders there D was by far the worst it was a matter of how our D would of played .

anyway that's than this is now and the raiders are a 6-10 team even with Carr back . As for the chiefs we should of won I wasn't afraid of them at all ... we killed our selves and Norman leaving effected us .

we still need a safety and Nicholson and Everett are not those guys . I'm sorry for being honest there young and maybe might develop but they aren't starters as of now .. and we lost to the chiefs because we kept zoning way to far and allowed them to many chunk of yards

.at a 10-0 lead we simply should of kept playing aggressive and overload blitz all the way because you pressure smith all game and force him to throw it's a do or die situation but it would of helped.

our blitzing needs to improve .

On 10/3/2017 at 11:13 PM, Woz said:

On this front, a bigger question: why did we go for the home run ball with 47 seconds holding two timeouts, but only needed 2 yards for a first down? Why not a flare pass to Thompson, or a bootleg from Cousins?

It was Cousins’ decision. Gruden drew it up to go to Reed & Cousins had Reed open for a TD but was afraid the safety could make a play if he threw it there which, most likely he wouldn’t have.

Cousins also had Crowder open for a first down that would have moved the chains and kept the clock moving and I think I remember Cooley saying Pryor was open as well.

I don’t blame Cousins for going to Doctson and Doctson should have kept two hand on the back and come down with that pass - it was a perfect pass and something we’ve wanted to see out if Cousins in the redzone for 3 years - but it wasn’t the correct read or smartest decision especially given how much time was still left.

If you don’t like Reed because you’re afraid of the safety, go to Crowder for 5 to 10 yards, a first down and keep the clock moving.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, mike23md said:

The Good:

1. Pryor caught a TD pass even though he pushed off

2. The offensive line played well in pass protection. 

3. Jordan Reed was not injured. 

4. The defense has a lot of strength to it. 

5. No turnovers. 

6. Vernon Davis. 33 and still has wheels and moves. 

7. Zach Brown. Can we sign this dude NOW. 

8. D.J. Swearinger, Montae Nicholson, Breeland (Read Below)

The Bad:

1. Penalties. 

2. Injuries. OMG Injuries. 

3. Pryor has so much potential but his hands are such an issue.

4. Doctson has to come down with that ball. We win if he does. 

5. The run game. Absolutely abysmal. Perine has no vision and the line has no push. Mack Brown, why please and thank you.

6. Breeland - Situational Awareness. Hands to the face at the worst times. 

7. No containment on Alex Smith. 

8. Travis Kelce - he is a dominant TE for a reason folks. 

The UGLY:

1.The injuries.

2. The Penalties. 

3. The run game. 

4. Josh Doctson catch in the endzone to win the game. 

5. Watching Spencer Long pull for Chris Thomspon. 

6. Travis Kelce dancing after his TD. 

7. The Lateral plays at end of the game. Just run the ball or throw it. I dont care if you just punted the ball out of bounds. 

8. Time of Possession. That absolutely sucked. It killed our defense. But. We were still in it. Read point 4. 

Thoughts?

The only change I’d make is that we should be specific who lost contain on Smith and it was Kerrigan. Kerrigan didn’t do much against Schwartz all game and he reverted back to his bad habits of the past of not keeping contain, then we had other players not get Smith down after that like Spaight.

Preston Smith played horrible, especially with going offsides so much. I believe we gave the Chiefs 5 first downs off of defensive penalties. Without those penalties our D gets off the field more and we win the game. Breeland has bad plays as you pointed out, he didn’t cover Kelce well on that TD pass giving up inside position very easily and his stupid hands to face penalty cost us big time. 

Archived