2020 DRAFT CLASS PFF ROUNDUP (Updated Wk 1-4)

Karnage84

6 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

look at Mehki up there. Doing great.  I thought he was going to be good and wouldn't have been upset if we would have traded down to get him. He was my favorite OL in the draft after I cooled a little bit on Thomas.

I'm more impressed by Anae. That Cowboys defense has had its challenges and he was what... a 5th rd pick? Patricia saw him up close at the Senior Bowl and he performed well during that audition. Maybe he won't have a ton of upside based on his athletics but he would likely be a consistent player for this defense. 

Outside of Burrow, Chase Young and Justin Jefferson (which was mainly based on two weeks), most of the rookies aren't blowing things out of the water. 

I just noticed this with PFF - the OVR grade isn't an average of their week to week grades. This doesn't really make a ton of sense to me, given that they are being graded on a week by week basis. 

Jefferson

Week 1 - 53.4

Week 2 - 68.4

Week 3 - 93.8

Week 4 - 91.2

Current PFF Score = 90.6 (Average of these 4 weeks is 76.7). 

Also, FWIW, Jonah Jackson has been named PFF's All Rookie RG through weeks 1 - 4. 

RG — JONAH JACKSON, DETROIT LIONS
The fact that Jackson has made two starts at right guard and two starts at left guard makes his standing here all the more impressive. He’s allowed only five pressures all season long, and some of those were just missed assignments.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-rookie-team-first-quarter-2020-nfl-season

• Like 1