BDL Week 3 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5s

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Oklahoma City EF5s

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 05:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

This

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Of course not, but you were also starting IRL fourth CB Jimmy Smith last week. Your taste in CBs is questionable at best.

You really did the job for me by taking the ball away from your best player and putting it in Roethlisberger's hands instead.

Nobody argued otherwise...? Okoronkwo isn't the starter here either, so I don't know what point you think you're making that everyone isn't already aware of.

I didn't take the ball away from Henry. I came in with a more balanced offense, expecting you to maintain the methodical gameplanning you have had, and gameplanning to stop the run specifically. Instead all you specifically did is make it clear you're not worried about the deep threat. You do realize I'm still running the ball 40% of the time right? Not sure how that equates to taking the ball away from Henry.  Every game is about matchups and when I know an opponent isn't going to gameplan for deep throws, why wouldn't I put them in there? I knew before seeing your gameplan you'd disregard my team as a deep threat even though Ridley and Lazard went absolutely hog wild this weekend irl.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'm laughing because I'm not wrong and your arguments are so bad they don't deserve a reasonable response.

Okay. Excepy that you are wrong. I didnt not use Derrick Henry. You literally said in your gameplan, "We aren't worried about Ben besting us with his arm" you said you'd put Poyer in the box until my team proves they can beat you deep.

Um... if there isn't a deep safety and ive got Ridley and Lazard going deep, that should be pretty easy to do. Ben has already thrown a one 84 yard TD, he has thrown multiple deep TDs this season. And mt 2 starting WRs combined for over 250 yards by themselves this weekend. They are legit deep threats. So... yeah... you chose not to respect my deep passing game even though I made an emphasis on it. Your entire defensive plan is based on the premise that I was going to go all out run again. You guessed wrong because I knew you would.

In the real world, that's what we call getting out coached. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay. Excepy that you are wrong. I didnt not use Derrick Henry. You literally said in your gameplan, "We aren't worried about Ben besting us with his arm" you said you'd put Poyer in the box until my team proves they can beat you deep.

Not using your best player seems like a bad strategy to me, but hey, you do you.

I'm not worried about Ben throwing deep and no one should be. He's always been prone to standing too long in the pocket, and his arm hasn't looked right all year. Trying to use an 84 yard touchdown against one of the worst CBs in the league (a rookie, nonetheless) where Claypool picked up half the yardage after the catch would be laughable if you were joking. All three of my starting CBs can hold their own one-on-one in coverage against your receivers, and I still have a quality safety back deep that you're ignoring. So no, I have zero respect for your deep passing game, and I have a low opinion of anyone who does.

But it's okay, you don't have to admit you're wrong now. Wait a few weeks, let the season prove it. That seems like the more embarrassing route, having to admit you were dead wrong, but I respect a man who's willing to humiliate himself in front of a dozen of his peers. I'll let you decide which of the other 14 other owners you consider peers and who the two scrubs are.

Edited by Blue

On 9/27/2020 at 6:25 PM, Ragnarok said:

)

-          Williamsport is relying on young linebackers and a poor secondary, so we will be attacking the defense through the air early and often. Cooks is our primary deep threat, while Woods will work the middle of the field and the seam.

Since we are apparently talking stats.. even if my CB is giving up 66% of targets, whats 66% of 3 catches for.23 yards? (Cooks)

No mention at all of how you'd use Robinson, interesting strategy. Woods imo would have some, but limited success across the middle since apparently that's the only other WR you're utilizing.

-          Mixon and Murray will primarily get run plays to the inside and outside shoulders of the offensive tackles, where undersized Shaq Barrett and Brian Burns are liabilities in run defense.

While I get this strategy to a degree, those OLBs aren't the only guys that will be honing on the run, Bush is a very good side line to side line LB and Hilton is a very good CB against the run. 

-          We’re bringing in O’Neill and Davis as extra blockers in short yardage on runs to the outside as well, again to take advantage of a lack of size on the edge and at the second level on the Williamsport defense.

In short yardage situations its fair to say that I'd have my base defense on the field. Aka a LB heavy defense, which tbh, doesn't lack.size when it comes to two very underwhelming RBs this seasom.

Defense

-          We aren’t worried about Roethlisberger beating us with his arm, so we will be stacking the box with Poyer until they prove they can beat us deep. Forcing the offense into 3rd and long situations is the key, and that starts with shutting down the run early to prevent them from controlling the clock.

Whats the point of creating 3rd and longs if you don't care about defending against the deep ball? Sounds like Lazard and Ridley are gonna be wide open down field all game.

-          White will lock down Edelman in the slot, leaving Slay and Davis to take the outside. With Poyer in the box, it should be harder for Williamsport to target the tight ends across the middle as well.

White on Edleman... that's an interesting strategy. 

-          Rasheem Green and Shamar Stephen will spell all across the defensive line, while Okoronkwo will help at end on passing downs. Tuitt is getting the start at end again, but we don’t want him playing more than 65% of the snaps so that he’ll be fresh when he’s in the game.

Its a curious strategy to take your best DL off the field and spell him with 2 Backups and a poor quality starting DL.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not using your best player seems like a bad strategy to me, but hey, you do you.

Best player? Or best player in the run? Because Henry is my best RB for sure but I'd have to disagree he is my best player on offense. In fact I'd argue that is Calvin Ridley and Ben Roethlisberger.  But Henry DID get used.

I'm not worried about Ben throwing deep and no one should be. He's always been prone to standing too long in the pocket, and his arm hasn't looked right all year. Trying to use an 84 yard touchdown against one of the worst CBs in the league (a rookie, nonetheless) where Claypool picked up half the yardage after the catch would be laughable if you were joking. All three of my starting CBs can hold their own one-on-one in coverage against your receivers, and I still have a quality safety back deep that you're ignoring. So no, I have zero respect for your deep passing game, and I have a low opinion of anyone who does.

Have you even watched Ben this season? His arm has looked fine this season. 

But it's okay, you don't have to admit you're wrong now. Wait a few weeks, let the season prove it. That seems like the more embarrassing route, having to admit you were dead wrong, but I respect a man who's willing to humiliate himself in front of a dozen of his peers. I'll let you decide which of the other 14 other owners you consider peers and who the two scrubs are.

Dude. The the lafk of an actual gameplan you delivered is what you should find embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Since we are apparently talking stats.. even if my CB is giving up 66% of targets, whats 66% of 3 catches for.23 yards? (Cooks)

No mention at all of how you'd use Robinson, interesting strategy. Woods imo would have some, but limited success across the middle since apparently that's the only other WR you're utilizing.

Whats the point of creating 3rd and longs if you don't care about defending against the deep ball? Sounds like Lazard and Ridley are gonna be wide open down field all game.

Its a curious strategy to take your best DL off the field and spell him with 2 Backups and a poor quality starting DL.

Considering my 5th WR put up 95 yards this week, I think you best be worrying about your own depth, champ.

If there is one thing I learned from this league, it's that nobody actually cares about the writeups and writing more is actively going to hurt your chances of winning. Anyone who needs me to detail what every single player is doing on every play in order to get their vote is not someone whose vote I give a **** about getting anyways.

Oh yeah, I guess my DBs are just going to stop covering on 3rd and longs because I don't explicitly say that I'm going to be trying to prevent you from picking up third down conversions. Totally logical conclusion to draw from that, for sure.

I don't know if you noticed but I don't even have enough players to field a full 8 man bench.

Btw you talk about the % of targets being allowed by my corners... but you realize that Slay has been targeted 16 times and 10 of those he allowed catches..

Mike davis, 18 targets, allowed 12 receptions, 

Tre White, 10 targets, 6 receptions allowed.

And oh BTW. Carlton Davis has more Ints than all 3 of your top CBs combibed.

And just once this season Ben has had a QB rating of under 100 (98.7) 

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Btw you talk about the % of targets being allowed by my corners... but you realize that Slay has been targeted 16 times and 10 of those he allowed catches..

Mike davis, 18 targets, allowed 12 receptions, 

Tre White, 10 targets, 6 receptions allowed.

And oh BTW. Carlton Davis has more Ints than all 3 of your top CBs combibed.

Those numbers are wrong, but anyways Slay is allowing an opposing QB rating of 76.3. Throwing at him has been like having Dwayne Haskins as your quarterback.

Michael Davis is playing 90% of the snaps as an outside corner alongside Casey Heyward and Chris Harris, of course he's getting thrown at a lot.

And Tre White is universally acknowledged as either the best CB in the league or one of the top 2-3, so lol.

Trying to use Ints as a measure of CB play is the last refuge of the desperate. I bet you liked Gerod Holliman and Senquez Golson coming out of college, too.

Edited by Blue