KC/NE rescheduled for Monday

warfelg

This marks the first time since 2005 that a broadcast network has aired a game in primetime on Monday on an exclusive basis. The last such game was the Patriots-Jets game that was the last MNF game to air exclusively on ABC in 2005.

I do see ABC returning, but as rightsholder to half of the TNF package (in simulcast with NFL Network, the other half on Fox/NFLN) and all the London games (to be played Sunday mornings USA time as a lead-in to CBS/Fox's Sunday afternoon coverage). ABC would also have the Saturday night wild card game, a Saturday divisional game, the Pro Bowl, and every four years the Super Bowl on an exclusive basis (alternating which conference they show on their early-round playoff games with NBC).

I firmly believe that ABC and the NFL regret how their last relationship ended, with Super Bull [sic] XL being plagued with controversial calls (to be fair, the Seahawks would finally win the Super Bowl 8 years later, against a former division rival, one that was led by former Colts QB Peyton Manning and was the favorite to win, but ended up getting blown out).

Thus, they will do anything to have a fresh start with each other.

6 hours ago, pf9 said:

This marks the first time since 2005 that a broadcast network has aired a game in primetime on Monday on an exclusive basis. The last such game was the Patriots-Jets game that was the last MNF game to air exclusively on ABC in 2005.

I do see ABC returning, but as rightsholder to half of the TNF package (in simulcast with NFL Network, the other half on Fox/NFLN) and all the London games (to be played Sunday mornings USA time as a lead-in to CBS/Fox's Sunday afternoon coverage). ABC would also have the Saturday night wild card game, a Saturday divisional game, the Pro Bowl, and every four years the Super Bowl on an exclusive basis (alternating which conference they show on their early-round playoff games with NBC).

I firmly believe that ABC and the NFL regret how their last relationship ended, with Super Bull [sic] XL being plagued with controversial calls (to be fair, the Seahawks would finally win the Super Bowl 8 years later, against a former division rival, one that was led by former Colts QB Peyton Manning and was the favorite to win, but ended up getting blown out).

Thus, they will do anything to have a fresh start with each other.

what does this have to do with ABC?

• Like 2