NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

if you think the way they played last night will be who they are the whole season then i dont know what to say. dont feel like going back and forth trying to explain. 

I'm a Duke fan, a program that has a brand new team every season, I understand that teams don't peak in November and tend to improve as the year goes on. But that's something you naturally would have more optimism about with a young team incorporating a bunch of new pieces like Memphis or Duke this season. Teams that have elite, NBA level talent but need time to adjust playing together in a college system against college competition. Houston brought back 3 starters who have played a ton for your program and two 5th year grad transfers that have played a ton of college basketball so I don't think the ceiling is nearly as high.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

ya and when they lose their first game this season keep that same energy and say they arent a final four team. 

Who? Duke smacked #10 Kentucky in MSG and has the best player in college basketball. We weren't struggling against Hofstra at home.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm a Duke fan, a program that has a brand new team every season, I understand that teams don't peak in November and tend to improve as the year goes on. But that's something you naturally would have more optimism about with a young team incorporating a bunch of new pieces like Memphis or Duke this season. Teams that have elite, NBA level talent but need time to adjust playing together in a college system against college competition. Houston brought back 3 starters who have played a ton for your program and two 5th year grad transfers that have played a ton of college basketball so I don't think the ceiling is nearly as high.

it is when you have a top 15 hc in all of college basketball. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't think that players like Taze or Edwards are going to improve a ton in year 5 after being average players the last 4 seasons.

Justin Gorham didnt break out on this team until his last season and you are delusional if you think Taze Moore and Edwards were average players at their last schools. 

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Hofstra is 124-65 since 2015. They’ve made two NITs and were in the NCAA field in 19-20 when it was called off. They have a top 25 win and other wins over schools like UCLA, Dayton, Florida State, and St. Bonaventure.

Cool, what's that have to do with this years projected 5th place CAA team?

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Justin Gorham didnt break out on this team until his last season and you are delusional if you think Taze Moore and Edwards were average players at their last schools. 

Taze Moore averaged 8.2 ppg during his 4 year career at CSU Bakersfield and Kyler Edwards averaged 8.7 ppg over his 3 year career at Texas Tech.