NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Still can’t believe Villanova was only a -1.5 to 2.5 favorite. Huge jump in competition for Tennessee compared to the two games they played. 

Purdue only -7.5 favorite on UNC. I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your money but, as a UNC fan, I'd put it on Purdue to cover. Of course, we're a notorious Jekyll & Hyde type team so it's a massive risk with that margin but I think Purdue wins by double digits. Our defense is a mess and our perimeter shooting can't be relied on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Purdue only -7.5 favorite on UNC. I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your money but, as a UNC fan, I'd put it on Purdue to cover. Of course, we're a notorious Jekyll & Hyde type team so it's a massive risk with that margin but I think Purdue wins by double digits. Our defense is a mess and our perimeter shooting can't be relied on.

I was actually looking at that game next. More towards the over cause Purdue will put up points especially with how NC plays defense like you said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Me and my two friends that group chat pretty much everything said the same thing. He needs guys that are going to work their ***** off 40 minutes a night and you probably aren't getting that from elite guys tbqh. He's going to do big things at Marquette just recruiting the Midwest and their blue collar style of athletes.

Yeah I think that was his biggest issue at Texas. When he was at VCU he was landing unheralded recruits with a chip on their shoulder that wanted to come in and play his crazy full court pressure defense. The kids going to Texas didn't want to play that way. I agree that Marquette is the perfect fit, the program has always been known for being tough and gritty dating back to guys like Jae Crowder, Wes Matthews, and Jimmy Butler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's got the right mindset for doing something different in college ball. Roy was an old hat and played archaic ball while Hubert's trying to bring the modern NBA game and spacing to CH. I wanna see what he can do when he gets an entire team of his guys.

He has such a high level of energy and the team seems to be responding well.