Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigbadbuff

Quinton Spain Released

Recommended Posts

if you would’ve told me this was would happen 9 months ago i would’ve laughed in your face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

if you would’ve told me this was would happen 9 months ago i would’ve laughed in your face

do not get the reasoning behind this move at all as it has zero financial gain by letting him go now or at the end of the season. Even with an injury he is still a better Guard then some of the guys on the roster. I have to hope there is an actual reason to this because honestly this oline isnt that good for the rushing attack and with spain being better then winters I do not see the point of this unless it is an off field or locker room issue. I know they need room for Feliciano which could have let Boetgger go. Just a head scratching move for a team who has struggled the last 2 weeks. I have to start wondering what the beane and mcd are doing with these roster moves. Just seems like a knee jerk reaction if there is no reason behind this that we do not know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

do not get the reasoning behind this move at all as it has zero financial gain by letting him go now or at the end of the season. Even with an injury he is still a better Guard then some of the guys on the roster. I have to hope there is an actual reason to this because honestly this oline isnt that good for the rushing attack and with spain being better then winters I do not see the point of this unless it is an off field or locker room issue. I know they need room for Feliciano which could have let Boetgger go. Just a head scratching move for a team who has struggled the last 2 weeks. I have to start wondering what the beane and mcd are doing with these roster moves. Just seems like a knee jerk reaction if there is no reason behind this that we do not know about.

Think he wanted out since he fell out of the starting role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Think he wanted out since he fell out of the starting role

Trade him or say to bad you agreed to this deal. Either way it was an awful move by beane to allow this. the bills get zero financial gain and with Ford getting injured it doesnt make sense to let him walk as there is absolutely no benefit for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Trade him or say to bad you agreed to this deal. Either way it was an awful move by beane to allow this. the bills get zero financial gain and with Ford getting injured it doesnt make sense to let him walk as there is absolutely no benefit for it. 

They probably did try to trade him. And if you go with the attitude "too bad you signed the deal you are stuck here" that will create locker room issues and deter future free agents from signing here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

They probably did try to trade him. And if you go with the attitude "too bad you signed the deal you are stuck here" that will create locker room issues and deter future free agents from signing here. 

You also dont get to cave to players either, because then you are in a situation like Jax you are unhappy with either not winning or playing time so you demand to be released isnt something you want to have either. Spain signed a 3 year deal doesn't mean he is handed a starting gig, you still have to play for it and the coaching staff felt that Ford was playing a better job then Spain was at LG. Rather then demand a release or trade fight for your job and get better, Spain clearly whined and settled. I just hate the mentality that this is being if he wanted to play work harder not cry and get what you want which is a release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...