Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

18 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Still looking to deal. I have 3 clear keepers: Scherzer, Cole, and Berrios with Segura, Sano, McCullers, Brantley, Buehler, and maybe even Franco (if he keeps up this hot streak) in the discussion for the final 2. 

Looking to add at least 1 more clear cut keeper. I have picks and I have young guys with some upside. 

Mild interest in sano 

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Think part of reason this place is dead is trade value of players simply isn’t realistic. The Top players like trout and Harper moving would have never happened so cheap in years prior.

everything is off 

And the same 8 teams are trading amongst each other

I’m shocked nobody wants SP eligible closers to lock down saves and help with ERA whip and L

kalefa as C eligible now too is intriguing

im back and forth like buy no sell no buy 

but reality is not enough owners care to even look over rosters 

4 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Reality is its tough to have everyone active in a 16 team fantasy baseball league that lasts 6+ months. Think their is enough anctive owners tho to get what you need in a trade. 

Back in the day 12-13 owners were non stop active. These threads would be in the hundreds of pages before the draft started.

If I asked about a trade I would have 5+ inquiries before the night was out.

I see what you are saying but see where some of the other owners are coming from. It’s a steep decline.

It isn’t hard to keep 16 owners active if they’re interested. 

The level of interest and activity is just not there. Unanswered messages, offers dismissed without explanation, discussion or counters simply kill the league.

Theres no way this league makes it another year without change. I don’t currently plan on participating next year because of the inactivity.

2 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Think part of reason this place is dead is trade value of players simply isn’t realistic. The Top players like trout and Harper moving would have never happened so cheap in years prior.

everything is off 

I think the opposite actually. In years past values were ridiculous. Harper is ridiculously over valued and he’s never reached his potential. Given his performance this year I’m shocked he’s gotten as much as he has. I don’t even consider him a top 20 keeper. In the past individual players have achieved values that suggest ownership of that player automatically put the owner in the hunt and that hasn’t ever been the case.

Personaly action creates interest and there just isnt enough action to keep people interested. It’s reached a point where owners, previously active haven’t even managed their DL list. 

1 minute ago, Dingo18287 said:

Maybe on here, people aren’t as active. But on the ESPN league page, I see 2, maybe 3 tops who aren’t active on there. Xf40 House of Spears and maybe Sax haven’t set their teams in a while. 

Activity is more than simply setting a lineup. 

When I traded Harper one of the keys for me was getting Schoop. 

Initially it looked terrible but he’s finally gotten back on track and has been hitting fantastic over the last month or so. 

Hes homered in six of the last seven and raised his average .48 in July.

Now hopefully his performance will be what I expected.

Dozier hasn’t been himself this season but he is also starting to heat up. If he regains his form, which I expect, it will give my lineup a big boost. Like Encarnacion he tends to start slow.

Rizzo has been a question mark to me. He is also performing better than he was but I expected a big season from him.

Tim Anderson has been a nice surprise. His performance allowed me to trade Segura.

Molina continues to be the man time forgot. He plays everyday and gets better as the season progresses.

Archived