Monday Night Football: Vikings @ Bears

TheVillain112

Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bears
    • Vikings

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I realize it was his first start. Two costly turnovers deep in his own territory and 120 yards passing, it was a rough debut. 

The fumble wasn't on him, Charles Leno Jr may as well not have been on the field with how fast your DE got to him from behind.  His numbers aren't impressive, thats for sure, but the eye test showed that he had great ball placement and velocity for the most part and was mobile and able to sense pressure fairly well.    Unfortunately for Trubisky, he's got college-backup level WR's out there for him, plenty of drops, poorly run routes, etc that would have given him more success.  At least he didn't get hurt, which is a stroke of luck knowing this damn team

9 hours ago, bzane said:
min.png&h=100&w=100Minnesota Receiving
  REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Jerick McKinnon 6 51 8.5 0 11 6
Kyle Rudolph 6 45 7.5 1 13 9
Adam Thielen 5 34 6.8 0 14 8
Michael Floyd 1 19 19.0 0 19 1
Latavius Murray 2 12 6.0 0 9 2
C.J. Ham 1 11 11.0 0 11 2
Stefon Diggs 1 4 4.0 0 4 4
TEAM 22 176 8.0 1 19 32

WOW- what happened to Stefon Diggs????? 

I missed the game because I was working on a collage about Stefon Diggs that I've been doing for Intro To Art 101- it's this sort of multi-conceptual thing that incorporates newspaper clippings, photographs, videos, tweets, and photo-silkscreen. It's like a ton of work but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an 'A' on it for mid-terms. Anyway, I fell asleep holding this photo-shopped thingie on the board, waiting for the paste to dry, and I wake up to find that Stefon Diggs had his worst game of the year?!?!? What went on??

He felt bad for Chicago since they have nobody to cover them and didn't do much. See the NFL is rigged and Diggs went out to even the score. He's elite even at this. (his one catch is to deceive the general fans from knowing this)

Same reason Sendejo gave up the TD. Its like contractual obligations man.

I like what I saw out of Mitch physically.  Good arm strength, great throwing on the run, can run himself, etc...  All things we saw in the preseason.

Mentally, he's got a ways to go.  He seemed to throw to his first read almost exclusively.  First game against a top defense and refs being terrible didn't help.  That aspect of his game though, I fully expect to get better.  When it does, he'll be a good starting QB in the NFL IMHO...

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I realize it was his first start. Two costly turnovers deep in his own territory and 120 yards passing, it was a rough debut. 

I was still impressed with his confidence, poise and ability on the move. Compared to Glennon. Don't forget your D is nasty. 

37 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I like what I saw out of Mitch physically.  Good arm strength, great throwing on the run, can run himself, etc...  All things we saw in the preseason.

Mentally, he's got a ways to go.  He seemed to throw to his first read almost exclusively.  First game against a top defense and refs being terrible didn't help.  That aspect of his game though, I fully expect to get better.  When it does, he'll be a good starting QB in the NFL IMHO...

TBH, knowing how conservative John Fox and Dowell Loggains are, thats probably doing exactly what they told him to do, and Trubisky is always going to listen to his coaches, thats just the kind of player he is.  Whereas Jay would be like "hey, tell Martz to **** himself" Trubisky wants to put the team first and trusts his coaches.  I can't wait until this team fires everyone and actually gives Trubisky a coach worth trusting.

Archived