Bowler's Blow it up mock off season

Bowler1215

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You have said he does well as a pass rusher and that he is a good player overall but now your stance has changed?

Nope. Just you. And that's only happened twice. And that's only because you have never displayed any sense of knowledge about football whatsoever despite your best efforts and it's always funny watching you trip over your own words and backtrack whenever someone actually points outs how wrong you are in your assessment. The last time I asked you to explain your opinion about a player was when we signed Tashaun Gipson and you said Clayton Gathers would've been a better signing and you said it was because you were at the game when we played the Colts lol. 

Bottom line dude, every time someone points out something you are wrong about and provides facts you get offensive . 

If you haven't watched a player enough or you don't really understand different coaching schemes then don't pretend that you do.  If you don't know something but are interested in learning...... then just simply ask questions, bud.  That's how you learn.  If you don't wanna ask questions and would rather teach yourself by going back and watching then there are plenty of tools available for this. For example, if your not familiar with how schemes work and how they can have a profound effect on players' performance there are alot good article/books out there that will teach you what to look for in player. And if you are really interested in learning then get gamepass so that you can read about different teams/players and then go back and watch for yourself and see for yourself if that particular article/forum post matches up with what they were saying, and in the end, you will end up with a better understanding about the game as a whole. 

I've been heavily invested in football for decades now to the point of being associated with a number of groups throughout that time just to learn.  I've been on this forum for the better part of 15 years now and I have learned alot from other members by just reading, listening, observing, and asking questions when I'm not sure. Even at times when I have been proven absolutely wrong. That's what I was trying to do for you above by showing what you should be looking at regarding numbers (i.e. the bulk amount doesn't matter more than how the player is getting them) and how to look read certain stats the right way objectively .  Point is, the opinions of others can offer great insight about the game, if you use it right way, if you are willing to learn. But you also have to be willing to admit when you are wrong and learn from it too. 

That's all, man. But whatever, like I said, it doesn't matter. 

A giant rant preceeding "Like I said it doesn't matter." Classic

I still don't understand what you're talking about. I never said Judon sucks. I never said he's a great pass rusher. I said he's a good player. Maybe our definition of "good" is different. I think he's good. I do believe he is a solid piece to improving a defense. I said I wouldn't give him 4 years, because he both isn't GREAT and it's not in the best interest of the Bears. I said he's better, imo, as a pass rusher than Floyd. The last part may be debatable but I've never wavered from any of the other points. My best friend is from Arlington, VA and is a Ravens fan. I watch a ton of BAL football

Great player? no. Great pass rusher? no. Does he rush the pass as much as premier guys? no. Is he a good player who does a few things well? yeah. I like Windy's comp to McPhee.

Again, I said I think signing him would be a mistake by the FO and instead of either agreeing or not directly to me, you went on this odd rant about me proving to you why I believe that. Grow up. You have this act about how little time you have to respond at times. Maybe use that time more wisely then instead of picking one where you ultimately agree with that poster. The only thing you're disagreeing with here is that you believe Judon completely blows and I don't. Wow definitely worth the little time that you have!

And yeah dude, Tashaun Gipson sucks. He did then and he does now. Briggs and Brown have a field day with him every other week on the postgame show. Maybe Gaethers isn't better, but Gipson sucks. Since you're always willing to learn, watch a postgame show here and there and they'll educate you on Gipson

Edited by beardown3231

Thanks for all the feed back guys.  A few thoughts:

Signing Judon, Quinn hasn't done anything, half the time I wonder if he is even on the team.  But as said, it's unlikely any team would trade for him.  But the key to a great defense is a great pass rush, and Judon is a quality player.  I wanted us to draft him a few years ago, I thought he'd be a steal and he is.

Bieniemy has been a hot name for a couple years.  IMO it be more tempting for him to come to a team with a new QB.  But we'll see

For those who don't want Bieniemy, who would be a good choice?   Would Dorsey be a good choice for GM or not?  If not, who?

Our O-line Daniels is on IR, so it'll be good getting him back next year.  I have us resigning Ifedi, so IMO, we have a solid interior core.  Our LT and RT is needed more than OG/OC 

Looking at the FA LTs, a couple are in their early 30s, they might be good a year or two, but I'd rather draft a guy than sign a FA LT whose over 30. 

I'm all for resigning Robinson, but more than likely he'll be gone. 

• Like 1