Big Ben

DaRealTitletown

With regards to the cap. Lets say the Steelers win the super bowl this year and Ben wants to retire on a high not. Can the Steelers actually extend him beforehand without offering much more money. 

I'm asking because I saw if he retires his cap hit goes from 41 to 22 which is dead cap meaning they can't do anything with it. But if he wants to help the Steelers he could take that over 3 years and make it 7 or 8 million over 3 years worth of dead cap to give flexibility. Is this possible?

I’m not sure on that part but IIRC, he has a sizable roster bonus of like $15 mill due like a week into the league(early March I think).

Well have an answer by then. If they plan on keeping him for another year, they’ll need the cap space for the 2021 season and they extend/renegotiate etc etc his deal.

16 hours ago, 3rivers said:

fire fichner first

I bet Canada is the guy for when Ben and Fich leave.
I think he's a much better option than Fich, but will have to do
it with another QB. And I don't think we get Ben's replacement 
in this draft either. Interesting next few years...

4 hours ago, mwalker said:

I bet Canada is the guy for when Ben and Fich leave.
I think he's a much better option than Fich, but will have to do
it with another QB. And I don't think we get Ben's replacement 
in this draft either. Interesting next few years...

new OL coach, improve OL and go from there. Maybe let Mason and  Dobbs have a try but get them a legit run game to help.  If not, expect problems for years unless they get another scrambler like Ben was to make up for almost being on IR because of the OL every game