The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Also seeing EK Franks will be the asst. director of recruiting. Still two open spots - any ideas, eggy?

We land Watkins and Copeland what a close by the staff this will be during a supposed transition class. 

I've seen some rumblings about Miss State's ILB coach Christian Robinson coming on (he's recently followed some UF people on twitter as well). Young guy who played at UGA and coached at Ole Miss and Miss St. The 10th spot comes down to whether Skipper is retained or not. At this point, I'm assuming he's not, especially if Robinson is hired. If/when Skipper is gone, as I posted earlier, the 10th guy is likely going to be a DB coach (Ron English or Surtain seem likely with the edge going to English). 

Also in recruiting news, we're getting the last visit before NSD for Olaijah Griffin. As of now, we've got the last visit for Griffin, Copeland, Coynis Miller, Goodrich, Chapman and Gerald. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

25 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

These guys must really believe in this staff to develop them further. Fantastic news to get him and CeCe back. 

Hevesy is legit. Look at his track record:

Justin Senior

Gabe Jackson

Derek Sherrod

Blaine Clausell

Dillon Day

Martinas Rankin

Chris Kemoeatu

Mike Pouncey

Maurkice Pouncey

Maurice Hurt

Marcus Gilbert

Phil Trautwein

He's got a long track record of success with OLs. It'll be interesting to see if Ivey plays LG or LT next year.

Based on what I am hearing, this is how I think the class will realistically pan out if things go well:

J. Copeland

J. Watkins

Q. Walker

C. Miller

D. Gerald

O. Griffin

N. Gouraige

W. Barnes

J. Chatman

N. Jefferson

There are moving parts and things that can change, though. Unfortunately, it looks like NPF will not be an easy pull. We're still in play but not the favorites. We have a lot of work to do.