Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

ALL of them huh? You truly played a perfect game, but couldn't get a read on me?

Like I said earlier. You say I knew all the cult, I say you knew all the mafia. Only thing I'm unsure on is if you're green or blue. 

I only came after you twice, each time you honed in on me when I had found cult. Each time I've had questions about you have been based on you questioning a guy who's been pro-town all game. You were pro-town too,  which is why I gave up after my first invest failed. But you've been glaringly untown (from my town perspective) a few times as well, of course I'm going to push back against that.

Also I came at you once following the likely conversion thing, which deserved being questioned as well.  (what ever came of that? we just voted to save you and 9 votes was it? what kind of move was that? too easy to block to be a hit)

Yea, all, unless you're suggesting there's more of them? 

And you say that yet I came after you because I had legitimate questions concerning your claim. 

No host would implicate a player like that. Sure, it wasn't known at the time that there was a cult but the second that is found out it would lead right back to that player. 

What came of that? Bucs tried to hit me and failed because the majority of people chose to save me. 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Fair. But that's the only one that stood out. Like had a vote attached to it.

Like I said, how Jigsaw and cruel would it be to make civs vote to save a mafia member?

Maybe bucs could only convert civ because the game would be broken if untouch was mafia turned cult. Maybe the vote was to let him die or let him go back to mafia, rather than die or convert?

He could've still played the game exactly how I've been thinking and speculating he did. But what if he just went back to being mafia?

So we "saved" him, from conversion but gave him back to mafia?

That's my best bet. 

So the town voted to prevent a mafia player from dying and he just went back to being mafia?

that is literally the dumbest thing I have heard. I could understand a misunderstanding on thinking I was converted because it was obviously jigsaw who tried to hit me but that doesn't even begin to make sense.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

No host would implicate a player like that. Sure, it wasn't known at the time that there was a cult but the second that is found out it would lead right back to that player. 

Why not? Cults are tough to stop if you don't sniff them out right away. There would have to be some balance there. We just got lucky and found the cult leader right away. 

If the Cult is not exterminated within the first two game Days, they almost inevitably win. Therefore, you shouldn't use these unless other people have told you you know what you are doing.

The Cult wins when it comprises half of the player list, at which time it controls the lynch and trivializes the rest of the game.

Cultists usually do not have the ability to recruit players, so if the Cult Leader dies, the Cultists are defenseless but must survive until they attain a majority.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Why not? Cults are tough to stop if you don't sniff them out right away. There would have to be some balance there. We just got lucky and found the cult leader right away. 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

So you're suggesting that the host would implicate a player in his write up to "balance" it out? 

Congratulations, you have topped the mark set by yourself.

The cult hasn't grown because we killed the cult leader after his first conversion, or conversion attempt on untouch.

The writeup can lead back to untouch because if I don't investigate bucs that night, we are screwed. There has to be a bailout plan for the town if the cult gets by for a few nights.

So you're suggesting that the host would implicate a player in his write up to "balance" it out? 

Congratulations, you have topped the mark set by yourself.

Do I get a prize?

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Are you pulling these theories out of a box dome? 

no, out of a dome.

I've CLEARED james and utley. What else can I think other than you, especially given all the circumstances?

The cult hasn't grown because we killed the cult leader after his first conversion, or conversion attempt on untouch.

The writeup can lead back to untouch because if I don't investigate bucs that night, we are screwed. There has to be a bailout plan for the town if the cult gets by for a few nights.

So again, the HOST of the game is going lead people back to someone in his write up? 

Do you even understand what you're suggesting here?

What do you mean?

We couldn't kill mookie (scream girl) until he was the last "good guy" left. So we had to kill whicker first. Why would untouch have avoided that stipulation if he was mafia?

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

We couldn't kill mookie (scream girl) until he was the last "good guy" left. So we had to kill whicker first. Why would untouch have avoided that stipulation if he was mafia?

Ok. 

So then untouch was converted from mafia to cult, and wouldnt be mafia any more? So mookie was the last "good guy"

That explains how he knew all the mafia, but if that's true, the game is kind of broken to let a mafia convert. 

Which is exactly what you would say if you were the last conversion left because you're trying to appeal to them.

Well yeah, I'm trying to win the game for the town I need both other civs to believe me and vote for you. 

Wanting it to happen really badly doesn't make it not true. I'm not sure why you're point it out other than you're running out of other arguments.

Archived