RD 1   TE  P.Freiermuth, PSU
RD2   OG  T.Smith, Tenn
RD3   OT  T.Jenkins, OKST
RD4   RB  M.Carter, NC
RD4   DL  A.McNeil, NCST
RD6   CB  R.Rochell, CARK
RD7   LB  K.Deng, CAL
RD7   WR  M.Stevenson, HOU

We all have draft crushes of course, but I sure would love to see us get the combination
of N.Harris and P.Freiermuth / J.Ruckert (along with double dipping on the OL). I love OT C.Darrisaw, but think
he'll be gone when we pick.

Edited by mwalker

in the past I have had a bit of an interest in the draft. Now however, I can't get past the major changes the team needs to make, and until then it's all a moot point.  They would  have to draft Barry Sanders to have any semblance of a run game and of course that would be if ben and fichner allow even that.  The OL is trash int he run game, but if we had Munchak it would be possibly decent. Fire the OC and OL coach and retire ben, then maybe these mocks have  hope. 

I noticed you have OL RD1 and RD2 and agree the help is  needed on the OL . Are there any really good Centers that could play OG in the draft ? 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

in the past I have had a bit of an interest in the draft. Now however, I can't get past the major changes the team needs to make, and until then it's all a moot point.  They would  have to draft Barry Sanders to have any semblance of a run game and of course that would be if ben and fichner allow even that.  The OL is trash int he run game, but if we had Munchak it would be possibly decent. Fire the OC and OL coach and retire ben, then maybe these mocks have  hope. 

I noticed you have OL RD1 and RD2 and agree the help is  needed on the OL . Are there any really good Centers that could play OG in the draft ? 

L.Dickerson, the top rated center, has also played OG and OT.
He's huge for a center (6'6 325) but a good one.
The kid from Ohio State J.Myers, I believe has played some OG.
I'm not sure about T.Hill from Georgia.
Some other centers (D.Jackson, the BC kid, etc.) are really just centers.

There are some flexible OT to OG types, but I think we need at least one, true OT.

If Christian Darrisaw is there and so is Najee Harris, that's a tough, tough choice.
I love Harris, but Darrisaw at OT is a very unique athlete for his size.

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

L.Dickerson, the top rated center, has also played OG and OT.
He's huge for a center (6'6 325) but a good one.
The kid from Ohio State J.Myers, I believe has played some OG.
I'm not sure about T.Hill from Georgia.
Some other centers (D.Jackson, the BC kid, etc.) are really just centers.

There are some flexible OT to OG types, but I think we need at least one, true OT.

If Christian Darrisaw is there and so is Najee Harris, that's a tough, tough choice.
I love Harris, but Darrisaw at OT is a very unique athlete for his size.

if they can land a good C/OG in RD2-3, then thats a start. However, we know that if ben  returns that means pouncey will be here. Maybe they get his replacement but next year is still  a waste. Still, if Dickerson is good, it's a start for a rebuild anyways. Pouncey is terrible in the run game, and useless for short yardage runs.  He might be the main reason the run game is the worst wrt the OL blocking. 

Would Dotson, Dickerson and DDC  be a good interior with a legit OL coach?  Too bad they couldn't add Trent Williams because Chuks has quietly been solid yet gets no praise.  Of Course Banner could be the X-factor as well. 

fire fichner, retire ben and pouncey

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

if they can land a good C/OG in RD2-3, then thats a start. However, we know that if ben  returns that means pouncey will be here. Maybe they get his replacement but next year is still  a waste. Still, if Dickerson is good, it's a start for a rebuild anyways. Pouncey is terrible in the run game, and useless for short yardage runs.  He might be the main reason the run game is the worst wrt the OL blocking. 

Would Dotson, Dickerson and DDC  be a good interior with a legit OL coach?  Too bad they couldn't add Trent Williams because Chuks has quietly been solid yet gets no praise.  Of Course Banner could be the X-factor as well. 

fire fichner, retire ben and pouncey

DeCastro, Dickerson, Dotson would be huge and strong inside, especially in the run game.
If you could land L.Dickerson and a solid OT (and RB) it'd be a helluva start.
J.Ruckert, the OSU TE is the better receiver of the two OSU TEs, but he blocks as well.
His teammate and fellow TE L.Farrell is a GREAT blocker, but not as strong as a receiver.
You could get Ruckert in 3 or 4. Farrell in 7. 

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

DeCastro, Dickerson, Dotson would be huge and strong inside, especially in the run game.
If you could land L.Dickerson and a solid OT (and RB) it'd be a helluva start.
J.Ruckert, the OSU TE is the better receiver of the two OSU TEs, but he blocks as well.
His teammate and fellow TE L.Farrell is a GREAT blocker, but not as strong as a receiver.
You could get Ruckert in 3 or 4. Farrell in 7. 

but will ben allow this when he returns on a new deal after "lots of discussions" ? 

I think Connor could be very effective in the run game with a decent OL, he has proven that in the past. When media people say it's the RB I shake my head in disbelief/disgust in the lack of credit/blame OL gets. 

do you think ben fichner and pouncey return? Before anything, that all needs to be sorted OUT👏

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

but will ben allow this when he returns on a new deal after "lots of discussions" ? 

I think Connor could be very effective in the run game with a decent OL, he has proven that in the past. When media people say it's the RB I shake my head in disbelief/disgust in the lack of credit/blame OL gets. 

do you think ben fichner and pouncey return? Before anything, that all needs to be sorted OUT👏

I agree on Conner. He’s a good not exceptional RB. If we can sort out the line and get him for a bargain, I wouldn’t be against that. 

ive said it on a couple forums, I think it’s the year to rip the band aid off.

I’m not sure they will, but I’d push for Ben, Pouncey and Fitchner to retire. I’m intrigued by Canada as OC. I’m less sure what to do with Butler. I think Haden could be a causality as well, if it means you can keep Sutton and Hilton. I think Vince Williams and A few others need to go too, unfortunately.

I think JuJu, Dupree, and Conner are probably gone, but maybe Conner on the cheap isn’t bad. I think Feiler back to RT could work and resign Banner and Chuks. Let AV go. 

Of all the QBs, I’d consider a push for Stafford. He could light it up on a decent team and be a three/four year bridge. Watson’s never going to happen and Darnold, I just don’t know. 

sorry, a bit of a ramble.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He's due to make $41M, why wouldn't he? I don't love the idea of him coming back, but it's almost a guarantee he'll be back I'd say. 

$22 mill is from previous restructures...$4 mill base salary and $15 mill roster bonus due a few days into league in early March...we’ll know what’s going down with Ben by then.

Really wish we'd rip off the band aid this offseason. It's the right year to do it,
otherwise we'll sacrifice too much of the roster for him and Pouncey. It'll hurt us for years
as opposed to maybe just next year. I'd rather have M.Stafford and draft for the future.

But agree. I bet he comes back.

17 minutes ago, mwalker said:

But agree. I bet he comes back.

then I won't.

He should have retired when he whined about it a few years ago. Instead that was his tactic to get Haley run out of dodge. I'm tired of ben, pouncey, fichner, time to start over