Post Saleh Mock

KodiakThunder

Now that we have ourselves a coach its time to readjust our views of this offseason.

Resign:

- Maye, S

- Neville Hewitt, LB

- Terell Basham, LB

- Pat Elfien, OG

Free Agency:

- Joe Thuney, OG

- Corey Davis, WR

- Romeo Okwara,  Pass Rush

- Jason Verrett, CB

NFL draft:

**Jets trade #2 to Atlanta for #4 and, 2021 2nd and 3rd. Atlanta moves up for its QB of the future and keeps its 2022 1st rounder. **

#4 DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

**Jets trade 1st (#23 via seattle) and 3rd (#66) to Arizona for #16.**

#16 (via Arizona) Kyle Pitts, TE, Fla.

#34- Asante Samuel Jr, CB, FSU

#35 (via Atl) Jerehmiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, ND

#68(via Atl) Dillon Radunz, OT, ND St. 

#86 (via Sea)- Rhomandre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma

#97-  Jabril Cox, LB, LSU

#129- Tyler Vrabel, OL, BC

I only went to Round 5 here. I used the trade value chart as well as CBS prospect rankings  

Edited by KodiakThunder

I'd be really disappointed if we only get a 2nd and 3rd in a trade down where the other team is trading up for a QB. That said, if that's the best offer then it is what it is and I'd take it.  I like Smith if Chase is off the board, though in this scenario it seems like Chase is still there as the draft would be Lawrence, fields/Wilson, Sewell then us. 

I also don't like trading up for Pitts. I'd much rather stay put and take Pat F if we go TE or one of the RBs(Sermon, Harris, Etienne). If a guard or tackle falls that could also be an option at Seattle's pick.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I'd be really disappointed if we only get a 2nd and 3rd in a trade down where the other team is trading up for a QB. That said, if that's the best offer then it is what it is and I'd take it.  I like Smith if Chase is off the board, though in this scenario it seems like Chase is still there as the draft would be Lawrence, fields/Wilson, Sewell then us. 

I also don't like trading up for Pitts. I'd much rather stay put and take Pat F if we go TE or one of the RBs(Sermon, Harris, Etienne). If a guard or tackle falls that could also be an option at Seattle's pick.

I agree.  I would prefer more back in that trade. I think JD wants to move down and acquire more picks. My guess is he decides to take less compensation in order to secure Smith. 

As for Smith vs Chase... I have Smith ahead of Chase. I wont lie, in Leary of anyone who took the year off. Maybe that's unfair, it's worth discussing but to me, it shows a lack of accountability to your team. 

As for trading up for Pitts.... I have him WAYYY ahead of Pat F and rated him as the #7 on my big board. I'm also going off the assumption that LaFleur would like a George Kittle type reciever and Pitts fits that mold well. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You know me. i hate TE and RB in the first. Then you have us trading up to get one. Sorry I will pas on this one. 

I tend to agree about TE and RB unless those are your only needs. However, Pitts is not a TE. He is a large WR playing the TE position. We see what a Kelce, Waller, Kittles, Gronk in his youth etc. can do for an offense. I see Pitts in that mold. I do not see another TE in this draft in that light.

Of course all this is dependent on LaFleur’s scheme regarding TE involvement. Since SF had Kittles and schemed for him, I would expect the TE position to be a big part of our O. We need weapons, Pitts is a weapon.  That said, I would not trade up for him unless he was close to 23, but if we trade down from 2 to about 9, I would seriously consider him as a pick. I also do not see him getting close to 23.