Let's talk RBs...

mwalker

It's an interesting year in that I think there are only a few strong, strong choices.
It's also possible (likely) you know something about a few of these guys I don't, 
so hopefully some good discussions here.

How I see it:

N.Harris, ALA
He's an all rounder. I think a game changer who is more complete than D.Henry was coming out.
Very good receiver and might even still run one of the fastest 40s. Strong. I think you have to 
look at him in RD 1 if he's there. He's such a good fit for a weakness.

T.Etienne, CLE
He's the only other 1st rounder, in my opinion, but very different. Fast, strong feet, and really has
gotten better at breaking tackles. I do have a slight worry about him at the next level when it comes
to strength, but not as much as I do some others. He's still a very good back, but I'm not quite as high
on him as I am Harris.

J.Williams, UNC
Strong, fast, can also make you miss. He's a real solid 3 down back. KI think he's built more for the NFL
as an every down back vs Carter, but they formed a helluva 1 - 2 at UNC. I think he's a second rounder,
at at 5 10/5'11 - 215/220, he's going to be a pretty good player.

M.Carter, UNC
He's not as big or powerful as Williams, but he's quick as, and can still run both inside and out. I think
he's now closer to 200, so he's likely a rotational back more than bell cow, but he is fun to watch.
Like a spark plug. Reminds me a bit of D.Henderson, when he was coming out, but maybe more exciting.

T.Sermon, OSU
Depends which tape you watch, I think. He obviously had a career in one game against a good NW defense.
He also had a great game against eventual NFL players vs Clemson. He's big, strong, tough. But, he also 
hasn't dominated like that consistently (like Harris). I like him, but more round 3/4. 

Some others - none I'd touch before round RD 4/5:

C.Hubbard, OST - he scares me. Track speed, but I just don't see the ability to break tackles.
K.Gainwell, UK - similar to Carter, but maybe more electric. Too small to be an every down back now.
C.Evans, UM - Don't know enough. Good size.
D.Felton, UCLA - kind of flex player RB/WR - great athlete.
E.Mitchell, LLAF - he's been impressive when I've seen him. Good size.
K.Hill, MISS ST - Haven't seen him enough.

To be honest, it's not a hugely impressive or deep class from what I can see, outside the top 5.
And even there, I think there's only probably 3, maybe 4 stand outs. I LOVE N.Harris. I also really 
like Etienne and Williams, but think Williams is probably a better fit. 

Keen to hear your thoughts...

I like Rhamondre Stevenson from OU as a middle round guy. He’s intriguing. I mostly agree with the others in here, though. We’ve got plenty of average RBs. We mostly need to fix the line. There was a good tape breakdown of Snell’s week 1 game against the G-men. It showed how well the line blocked. That’s the solution. We can win with the backs we have now. I’d bring Conner back. He’ll be cheap and probably be hungry to put up a big year.