Rams and Aaron Kromer agree to part ways

NVRamsFan

On 2/18/2021 at 6:47 PM, JonStark said:

Alright now I'm officially getting worried about Mcvay possibly being too controlling. It was just a theory before since all of the other coaches leaving were for promotions but adding this to the report that he essentially forced the Stafford trade on the guys who wanted to keep Goff and we're treading on thin ice here. 

If he gets us a Superbowl, I could care less, but this one is headscratching. 

What report? Do you have a link?

On 2/19/2021 at 7:39 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Before we start with the sky is falling and theatrics, this is the first coach to actually "leave". Others went for new positions, promotions, or same title, more responsibility. And Kromer's son is staying on staff so I can't imagine that there is any bad blood between the two.

Kromer will be missed, but we have history of backfilling positions with success outside of Bonamego and that was corrected as soon as the following season was over. 

Bones left too. And we missed him.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

What report? Do you have a link?

It's from the Peter Schrager comments on Bill Simmons podcast a week ago. The link is floating somewhere in the later pages of the Stafford/Goff thread.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Bones left too. And we missed him.

His contract was up at the end of that season. He likely got more money from the Cowboys, but yes he is certainly missed. 

• Like 2