Thoughts and Observations: Ravens

WindyCity

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Forte is maybe a hof rb.  Nearly every year contributed 1400+ yfs every year.  Was incredibly consistent and stayed very healthy.  I like Jordan Howard but he has a very long way to go before i call him better than Matt Forte

I don't think a guy who didn't have over 5 YPC in a single season and has a career average of only 4.2 YPC is getting in the HoF but I agree with your point...his longevity and production has him being a better back than Howard right now...that's not to say Howard won't end up even better but right now I would still go with prime Forte.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think a guy who didn't have over 5 YPC in a single season and has a career average of only 4.2 YPC is getting in the HoF but I agree with your point...his longevity and production has him being a better back than Howard right now...that's not to say Howard won't end up even better but right now I would still go with prime Forte.

2 words Cutis Martin.  Forte and Martin are basically the same player.  And here is food for thought.  While there were many given backs over a single season who you would have said that were better than Forte.  Who other than AP would you have wanted to have over their entire career more than Forte?

19 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

2 words Cutis Martin.  Forte and Martin are basically the same player.  And here is food for thought.  While there were many given backs over a single season who you would have said that were better than Forte.  Who other than AP would you have wanted to have over their entire career more than Forte?

Martin has almost 5,000 yards and 40 TDs on Forte...they are not the same guy...and as I said due to his longevity I would have him over Howard right now but he shouldn't be going to the HoF.

Archived