2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Saying Zach Lowe doesn't know anything about basketball is worse than saying Kevin Durant is bad at basketball.

Durant didn't fire back at anything. 

Well compared to Kevin Durant . . . 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Compared to Kevin Durant, Zach Lowe doesn't know basketball.

based on what? basketball isn't some super complex game where you have to play/be coached at a high level to understand it. Like Spoelstra worked his up from being a video guy. I think most NBA coaches didn't even play that high level.  

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

based on what? basketball isn't some super complex game where you have to play/be coached at a high level to understand it. Like Spoelstra worked his up from being a video guy. I think most NBA coaches didn't even play that high level.  

Right, Sanchez, I'm sure you or Zach Lowe could walk off the street and explain the intricacies of the game to Kevin Durant. People often underestimate the complexity of professional sports.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Right, Sanchez, I'm sure you or Zach Lowe could walk off the street and explain the intricacies of the game to Kevin Durant. People often underestimate the complexity of professional sports.

I assume you don't know who Zach Lowe is?

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

lol if he wanted to Lowe could talk circles around KD about certain things and his response would be "watch the game blog boys". Lowe talks to coaches/gms/analysts and watches games for a living. I guarantee you Lowe spends way more time studying basketball than KD does, and it probably wouldn't be close.

KD has had probably 8 hours of podcasting on the BS pod and not a single thing he said was profound (as far as on the court basketball).

This isn't football.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

lol if he wanted to Lowe could talk circles around KD about certain things and his response would be "watch the game blog boys". Lowe talks to coaches/gms/analysts and watches games for a living. I guarantee you Lowe spends way more time studying basketball than KD does, and it probably wouldn't be close.

KD has had probably 8 hours of podcasting on the BS pod and not a single thing he said was profound (as far as on the court basketball).

This isn't football.

Not worth your time, homie.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

This isn't football.

You can guarantee me $100 million. It doesn't mean it holds any water.

I'm sure Lowe could talk circles around KD about "certain things." I'm sure KD could talk circles around Lowe about "certain things" pertaining to actually playing pro basketball. Lowe writes for a living. KD plays the game for a living. You're nuts if you think KD isn't "studying" the game he plays.

Jason Kidd is a Hall of Famer and "knows the game of basketball" but I'd take Lowe 1000x over him to run my team. Why? Because one of them is an ignorant know it all and the other actually understands the game and trends. Just because someone plays a sport at a high level doesn't mean they know more.

Who you trust to build your team? Michael Jordan or Gregg Popovich? 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can guarantee me $100 million. It doesn't mean it holds any water.

I'm sure Lowe could talk circles around KD about "certain things." I'm sure KD could talk circles around Lowe about "certain things" pertaining to actually playing pro basketball. Lowe writes for a living. KD plays the game for a living. You're nuts if you think KD isn't "studying" the game he plays.

Ok explain to me how the three best coaches (Brad Stevens, Greg Popovich, and Eric Spoelstra) have a combined zero NBA playing experience, or even high level D1 experience? It certainly would be blasphemous to say they don't know basketball.

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Ok explain to me how the three best coaches (Brad Stevens, Greg Popovich, and Eric Spoelstra) have a combined zero NBA playing experience, or even high level D1 experience? It certainly would be blasphemous to say they don't know basketball.

Where did Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin, and Sean McVay play football? How much NFL playing experience did they have?

Hell, Sanchez, you could probably be a brilliant basketball mind if you worked for years as an assistant coach under brilliant head coaches at the college and pro level. Nobody is saying you can't be. You have to put in the work and have people to mentor you.

Archived