Kenny Clark needs some love

spilltray

He really has been impressing me all season. That punch on the forced fumble vs the Vikings was probably his only "highlight" play, but he has been completely manhandling every OL he's faced this season. I know Daniels has been dinged up, but Clark has easily been more impressive and consistent. He's going to be an absolute force in the middle and it seems like no one is even mentioning him. He's big and can take up space but he collapses the pocket too. He's not a gap shooter so he's not going to get many sacks, but he's making QBs move and disrupting their passing lanes consistently. We are so lucky this guy fell in our laps and not only does he deserve the love, but we need some positivity around here right now and for me, watching Clark is going to be one of my favorite parts of gamedays without Rodgers.

He's exceeded pretty much everybody's expectations.  Nobody expected him to even be an okay player for us, and he's turning into one of our best.  He just turned 22 years old, too.  Great pick that Thompson will never get credit for. 

Ben Ferrell does a nice review of Clark using the All 22 tape of him against Minnesota.  He definitely has become our best run stopper.  Plus, he is only 21 years old and still growing.  What has impressed me this year is the initial quickness he shows at the snap of the ball plus his ability to almost immediately engage and lock out the offensive lineman he is going against and then discard them.  You can really see the weight room work he put in this off season paying off.  I've questioned a lot of Thompson's recent high draft picks, but it looks like he really hit on this one.  Still would be nice to see him grow more as a pass rusher but he is young and still has room for growth.  I'm very pleased so far with what he is showing.

On the other hand...go to Ben Ferrell's twitter account and you can see a play from the All 22 tape with Randall where he just refuses to give any effort on a play and actually turns around and runs away like a little baby from a play that is coming toward him that went for a sizable gain.  That guy is all about himself and I would definitely call him a "coach killer".  I would implore everyone on this board to go look at it and tell me if you would want that guy on your team.

It has been mentioned as an "oh and Clark played pretty well", and I think he's playing at an elite level right now. Martinez gets more love and really I feel that's because teams feel like they have to try and double both Daniels and Clark right now which is freeing up Martinez more. Clark may be our best defensive player at the moment. I don't make gifs or snips or any of that but just watch him play to play. He is outright blowing up the OL more often than not. I think he's having an All-Pro caliber season if he keeps it up

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

?

Don't you remember how mad people were?  Even after his rookie year, after he flashed insane potential towards the end of last year, people were wildly upset.  Can't tell you who they were because I don't remember, but everybody wanted Jack, Nkemdiche, Butler, Chris Jones or somebody else.  And do you remember how many people were mad that we "only" took Martinez that year?  Now both of them have been our best performers on defense this year. 

10 minutes ago, spilltray said:

It has been mentioned as an "oh and Clark played pretty well", and I think he's playing at an elite level right now. Martinez gets more love and really I feel that's because teams feel like they have to try and double both Daniels and Clark right now which is freeing up Martinez more. Clark may be our best defensive player at the moment. I don't make gifs or snips or any of that but just watch him play to play. He is outright blowing up the OL more often than not. I think he's having an All-Pro caliber season if he keeps it up

Ted can't draft defensive guys well narrative blocking his play I guess haha

That's just an unrealistic expectation situation. He's had some misses sure but he's had some hits too. It's hard to judge because people see a miss and scream fail, with blinders on but Thompson's overall numbers of hits and misses are as good as anyone's.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

That's just an unrealistic expectation situation. He's had some misses sure but he's had some hits too. It's hard to judge because people see a miss and scream fail, with blinders on but Thompson's overall numbers of hits and misses are as good as anyone's.

yeah exactly. It's not compared to any reality. 

15 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I can't get this to go away so there it again.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Don't you remember how mad people were?  Even after his rookie year, after he flashed insane potential towards the end of last year, people were wildly upset.  Can't tell you who they were because I don't remember, but everybody wanted Jack, Nkemdiche, Butler, Chris Jones or somebody else.  And do you remember how many people were mad that we "only" took Martinez that year?  Now both of them have been our best performers on defense this year. 

I thought they were more meh than mad. That was my feel

49 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Ben Ferrell does a nice review of Clark using the All 22 tape of him against Minnesota.  He definitely has become our best run stopper.  Plus, he is only 21 years old and still growing.  What has impressed me this year is the initial quickness he shows at the snap of the ball plus his ability to almost immediately engage and lock out the offensive lineman he is going against and then discard them.  You can really see the weight room work he put in this off season paying off.  I've questioned a lot of Thompson's recent high draft picks, but it looks like he really hit on this one.  Still would be nice to see him grow more as a pass rusher but he is young and still has room for growth.  I'm very pleased so far with what he is showing.

On the other hand...go to Ben Ferrell's twitter account and you can see a play from the All 22 tape with Randall where he just refuses to give any effort on a play and actually turns around and runs away like a little baby from a play that is coming toward him that went for a sizable gain.  That guy is all about himself and I would definitely call him a "coach killer".  I would implore everyone on this board to go look at it and tell me if you would want that guy on your team.

Very interesting, he actually deleted that tweet with that breakdown that you are referring to

7 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Very interesting, he actually deleted that tweet with that breakdown that you are referring to

I saw this tweet. Was pretty obvious that he was giving up/getting out of harms way. Maybe we can work out a deal for another teams 1st round bust in exchange for him. I'd rather see Pipkins/Hawkins on the field at this point -- at least we know that they're going to compete. 

Archived