Vikings sign CB Patrick Peterson

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Only if Hunter returns. They are getting some help at DT, where Johnson and Stephen got pushed around all season and offered zero ability to rush the passer. I could still see MN prioritizing edge rusher at 14 too if the OL and possibly QB board doesn’t shake out the way they hope.

If you want to bet on Danielle Hunter fixing your pass rush issues, go right ahead.  But I'm more looking at the rest of their DL.  Dalvin Tomlinson ins't a real big interior pass rusher, and their other starting EDGE signed with the Giants this offseason.  Maybe one of their young EDGE step up, but EDGE isn't somewhere I want to be weak at.  Plus, the Vikings' OL is an issue as well.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you want to bet on Danielle Hunter fixing your pass rush issues, go right ahead.  But I'm more looking at the rest of their DL.  Dalvin Tomlinson ins't a real big interior pass rusher, and their other starting EDGE signed with the Giants this offseason.  Maybe one of their young EDGE step up, but EDGE isn't somewhere I want to be weak at.  Plus, the Vikings' OL is an issue as well.

We’ve got pick 14 and a number of 3rd and 4th round picks to work with. I don’t think they’ll have much of a choice but to lean on Hunter returning, it’s not easy finding impactful edge rushers like him. I just hope they can come to an agreement and the injury isn’t a major concern going forward. 

I’m all for grabbing an edge player at 14 and using a third or trading up for an OG. I think Cleveland moves over to LT this year.