PFF Mock Draft

vegas492

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know if I would be super excited at the time of the draft.  I usually don't like taking more than one player at a position in a draft.  I think that there are limited reps for them in practice and I would like the rookies to have the best chance to succeed.  But our DL behind the 3 starters is:  Willington Previlon, and Anthony Rush.  Perhaps more competition is better in a place where they are also more likely to see snaps?

Maybe there would be more reps if we had any talent at DL besides Clark. 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Maybe there would be more reps if we had any talent at DL besides Clark. 

I think Clark, Keke and Lowry will be good enough as a "starting" group.  But linemen don't play the whole game.  We need at least a couple of depth guys.  And hopefully one of those guys has potential to start, because I believe this is Lowry's last season.  We get about 6 million in cap relief if we cut him next season.  

Okay.  I'm going to beat this horse until it is dead, and then some.

I don't fault anyone for basing an opinion they have concerning a prospect based on what they read on pff or thedraftnetwork or any other website.  There's no combine this year.  When I run mocks on those two sites, I do use their write ups to influence where I pick.

But when people come on here and state as a fact that "so and so can't run block", or anything like that, it irritates me.  Like if you are going to make it sounds like it is YOUR fact, like you've spent the minutes or hours scouring tape, have something behind your words to back it up, or just say that you are basing your opinion off of someone else's work.

It doesn't much matter to me if anyone basis their opinions off of other write ups.  But let's not sit here and pretend that it's your opinion based on the tape.

I watched about 20 minutes of Walker Little yesterday.  Prior to that I did read that he had run blocking issues.  Well, in his highlight reel he was pancaking guys in the run game.  He was leading sweeps, he was walling off ILB's and safeties.  He was getting 20+ yards downfield on those sweeps.  Of course, highlight reel stuff.

Then I watched all of his reps, as a sophomore, against Notre Dame.  Maybe I picked his best game, but it was everything I saw on his highlight reel.  Dude is a monster at 6'7'' and 310-315 pounds.  Very light feet.  Long arms.  Wide base.  Prior to his injury, he was very quick when moving those feet and fast when running downfield.  He showed a mean streak, too.  About my only criticism concerning him was that at time in pass blocking, stunts would catch him a little off guard and his base would become too wide.

But dang.  He was impressive.  As a sophomore.  If he clears the medicals and falls out of the first round, someone is going to get a very, very good player.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think Clark, Keke and Lowry will be good enough as a "starting" group.  But linemen don't play the whole game.  We need at least a couple of depth guys.  And hopefully one of those guys has potential to start, because I believe this is Lowry's last season.  We get about 6 million in cap relief if we cut him next season.  

Clark is obviously good enough but the jury is still out on Keke and Lowry is all we got. They’re only good enough to start because they’re all we have.