Draft Talk: Saints positioning themselves to draft BPA at 28.

whodatworm23

Just now, tyler735 said:

Asante Samuel Jr reminds me a lot of our most recent #2 CB, Janoris Jenkins. In terms of size and athletic testing they are nearly identical. Both also have that playmaking ability on the ball that pops on film, good in man coverage, and play bigger than their size. I'd think the team would be interested in Asante Samuel Jr if available to them at some point tonight. 

No doubt... just Jenkins was the exception to the rule for the Saints whom they got off the street when they were desperate after the Giants cut him. Yes it worked but are they willing to invest a 2nd round pick in a undersized corner now because of it??? Not so sure that's in this front offices DNA but I do like Samuel as a player.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Well I'm not talking about moving up for a corner, I'm talking about moving up for Barmore who is almost guaranteed not to be at our pick.  If JOK really does have a medical issue then he could still fall to it and if not then one of the many corners you named would be available.  So if we could use our 2 3rds to move up and secure Barmore then take JOK/best CB at the other 2nd round pick, then that'd be a huge boost to our defense

I will admit tho Raves... if the Saints were somehow to land Barmore today, paired with Jordan, Davenport, Turner and Onyemata 👀 thats some big physical dudes up front! I'd even love to see Alim McNiel as well or Tyler Shelvin in round 3.

8 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Well apparently according the Duncan in the Athletic, we're trying to move up for Horn but couldn't. So I'd assume our next pick will be the best CB available.

Corner is our biggest need... Horn was my favorite fit for the Saints but not worth what it would have cost. I still don't think that means corner is a must in round 2. Remember, there will be FA like Richard Sherman, Casey Hayward and others that can be signed to start opposite Lattimore in 2021. The Saints could target a TE, RB, OL, WR, IDL, LB, CB, QB, or even S depending on what their grades are on the remaining players.

10 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Corner is our biggest need... Horn was my favorite fit for the Saints but not worth what it would have cost. I still don't think that means corner is a must in round 2. Remember, there will be FA like Richard Sherman, Casey Hayward and others that can be signed to start opposite Lattimore in 2021. The Saints could target a TE, RB, OL, WR, IDL, LB, CB, QB, or even S depending on what their grades are on the remaining players.

My assumption as of this morning has been Sherman on a short deal (his history with Richard is important) and drafting the most talented CB prospect to learn under him and Richard for a season. Keith Washington is someone too who I think will blossom under Richard's leadership.

56 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

My assumption as of this morning has been Sherman on a short deal (his history with Richard is important) and drafting the most talented CB prospect to learn under him and Richard for a season. Keith Washington is someone too who I think will blossom under Richard's leadership.

I really like Keith Taylor of Washington too... would love to see him at 98 or 105.

Not 60... little too rich.

19 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Jabril Cox from LSU would be great next to Demario Davis.

He would but I like Werners versatility and I'm still excited to see Baun in 2021. People forget that Baun was mostly a edge rushing linebacker at Wisconsin the Saints felt had a future at MIKE but knew he'd need time and development, then the covid stuff put a pause on that. Baun and Werner will be solid players but I would not object to see the Saints add another like Cox, Moses or Barnes to the mix as Davis isn't a young dude.