Which of these weapons do you prefer?

Hunter2_1

if you had to pick one  

48 members have voted

1. 1. which weapon?

• The All-Round TE (receives as well as he blocks)
    • The dual threat RB (receives as well as he carries)

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Prime Gronk vs Prime Marshall Faulk, I'll take faulk everytime.

Well, this is why I thought RB would win. There's more examples of D-T Running Backs carving it up. You can go to them every single play in a series if you want, like STL sometimes did with Marshall. CMC carries Carolina, whereas the TEs like Kittle are used more sparingly, but obviously to a usually devastating effect.

I just think a TE like that gives you more options. Especially if you come out, realise you're going to get f'd by a blitz, and you can just change your TE to be a 6th blocker, for example. Or a mismatch safety valve on a hot read - not many linebackers could ever stay with Gronk or Kittle

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, this is why I thought RB would win. There's more examples of D-T Running Backs carving it up. You can go to them every single play in a series if you want, like STL sometimes did with Marshall. CMC carries Carolina, whereas the TEs like Kittle are used more sparingly, but obviously to a usually devastating effect.

I just think a TE like that gives you more options. Especially if you come out, realise you're going to get f'd by a blitz, and you can just change your TE to be a 6th blocker, for example. Or a mismatch safety valve on a hot read - not many linebackers could ever stay with Gronk or Kittle

If a TE is an amazing receiving threat they will become a wr imo. Calvin Johnson could have been a great te but it would have been a waste. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

If a TE is an amazing receiving threat they will become a wr imo. Calvin Johnson could have been a great te but it would have been a waste. 

What about Gronk? 4 seasons of over 1000 yards. Sometimes flexed wide, but you'd never call him a WR

On 3/29/2021 at 4:00 PM, VonKarman said:

The obvious answer is TE. Not because of its value in vacuum, but because they are much scarcer and it's relatively simple to find a 3-down RB.

And failing that, with good blocking and a good passing game (both of which the te would contribute towards), you can do quite well with 2-3 so-so guys in the backfield picking up about 500-600 yards each on average. A cheap fa and some mid/late round rookie contracts guys and you can be good to go - it's maybe the most plug and play position in the game.