***DRAFT DAY REMINDER***

CBears019

Draft starts in a little over an hour, so i just wanted to remind you guys of a few common courtesies while watching the draft:

- Do not spoil draft picks.  Reporters all tend to tip picks, or flat out say who’s being drafted before it’s announced on TV.  There’s no need to post that here.  Some of us love the suspense leading up to the point where Goodell announces it on TV.  Please wait until the picks are announced on TV before discussing it here (all picks, not just the Bears)

- No matter what the Bears end up doing, chances are some people here won’t agree with it and might be upset with it.  If you’re one of those, i understand wanting to express your frustration, but please keep it classy and don’t lash out at others if they do like the pick.

- Id like to get a volunteer to create a thread for the Bears pick.  Add a scouting report, post come pictures, make it look pretty to announce our newest player,  If you’re not that volunteer, please don’t create a thread.  Otherwise we’ll end up with like 6 different threads for the same thing.  Comment on this thread if you want to make that thread.

Otherwise, merry draftsmas.  Hopefully we all come away happy.

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Draft starts in a little over an hour, so i just wanted to remind you guys of a few common courtesies while watching the draft:

- Do not spoil draft picks.  Reporters all tend to tip picks, or flat out say who’s being drafted before it’s announced on TV.  There’s no need to post that here.  Some of us love the suspense leading up to the point where Goodell announces it on TV.  Please wait until the picks are announced on TV before discussing it here (all picks, not just the Bears)

- No matter what the Bears end up doing, chances are some people here won’t agree with it and might be upset with it.  If you’re one of those, i understand wanting to express your frustration, but please keep it classy and don’t lash out at others if they do like the pick.

- Id like to get a volunteer to create a thread for the Bears pick.  Add a scouting report, post come pictures, make it look pretty to announce our newest player,  If you’re not that volunteer, please don’t create a thread.  Otherwise we’ll end up with like 6 different threads for the same thing.  Comment on this thread if you want to make that thread.

Common sense approach to not getting the Bears pick spoiled - when they’re on the clock PUT THE PHONE DOWN. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Common sense approach to not getting the Bears pick spoiled - when they’re on the clock PUT THE PHONE DOWN. 🤷‍♂️

Yes thank you.  I’ve spoiled picks for myself many times due to mindless scrolling.  When the bears come on the clock, or even while the team Before them is still on the clock, put it down.

For other teams, when it says “the pick is in,” put the phone down.

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

you should bold that 3rd point tbh

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Yes thank you.  I’ve spoiled picks for myself many times due to mindless scrolling.  When the bears come on the clock, or even while the team Before them is still on the clock, put it down.

For other teams, when it says “the pick is in,” put the phone down.

Pro move. This is the kind of logic that had Webby giving us access to the mod bathroom and the ban hammer. 

i would also like to point out that not a single one of us know what's going to happen, what teams think of players, or where players should/shouldn't be drafted. too many times people piss themselves in anger because a certain player is/isn't taken. all teams (including our own) are paid a ton of money and have poured a ton of money into figuring out the best players. just because we have a computer and the ability to watch players doesn't mean we know what's best.

the best example of this is jake kirkpatrick (anyone remember him?) center out of TCU, guys were BEATING the drum for him to get drafted in the 2nd round. then 3rd. he kept dropping. after every single draft pick we made people were wicked upset. he ended up going undrafted, and was completely out of the league within 2 years. 

we don't know what's going to happen or who's going to be bad/good. we can disagree and state who we would rather have picked, but let's not get too salty about our picks and instead talk about how our newest guy can help us win

• Like 1