Round Two, Pick 51: Washington selects OT Samuel Cosmi, Texas

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Are you seeing the same thing I’m seeing with him in pass pro, where he basically waits forever to get his hands involved? Every time I see him (even watching a couple Bradley-King clips just now), I’m taken aback by how he leaves his hands down at his sides for so long. Like a fighter who is inviting his opponent to come rushing in. 

I’m not sure what to make of it. It’s just very unusual to me, though to some degree, I think Taylor Decker from DET does a similar thing. As I said before, I think it may be him compensating for having shorter arms and not wanting to engage until he can get a good shot on the guy, but it seems like some of these NFL athletes will just overwhelm you if you don’t come out and neutralize them early, at least some of the time. 

No I see those things in pass blocking he has flaws. But when he does use his hands he uses them well but he does he does a great job but his lapses are when he keeps his hands down. In the run game he attacks and bottles people up. His footwork needs work as well. He also anchors well when guys do get into his body. But that said once he gets better work with his hands he can be really good.

My excitement is how bad he is at doing things correctly and how often he still won. I love guys with the tools that are simply suffering from lack of coaching. He has the tool box. Now if Matsko can get with him this offseason and he takes to the coaching he can def make a impact this season. What I’ve noticed when he keeps his arms low he does this lean in and punches and sometimes misses. These are the things I’m seeing. But what I see when he does that and then gets his hands into the guys their done. It is simply bad habits. But it’s worked for him on that level probably never being asked or coached to swing his hands and arms on a slide step. He def needs work. But when he gets it he is going to be nasty.

• Like 1