Round Two, Pick 51: Washington selects OT Samuel Cosmi, Texas

I can’t believe we aren’t talking about this guy as much as the others. This guy is a heck of a talent a dog nasty blocker and is just going to get started learning how to do the techniques and really be a much more sound player. This guy is a huge steal for me. I am excited he’s very athletic. He is nasty too he likes the pancake block!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I can’t believe we aren’t talking about this guy as much as the others. This guy is a heck of a talent a dog nasty blocker and is just going to get started learning how to do the techniques and really be a much more sound player. This guy is a huge steal for me. I am excited he’s very athletic. He is nasty too he likes the pancake block!!!

Just wondering, do you see some Jordan Gross in him? Not sure if you remember him but that was Rivera’s LT when he first was HC of the Panthers 

BTW - and this has nothing to do with the player selected. I actually really like the Cosmi pick.

It's just his is the last one I saw, but I really love the video clips of the coaches talking to the players and telling them they are taking them. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - and this has nothing to do with the player selected. I actually really like the Cosmi pick.

It's just his is the last one I saw, but I really love the video clips of the coaches talking to the players and telling them they are taking them. 

Agreed.  I saw that somewhere too.  Super genuine.  

• Like 2

Saw the Cosmi phone call too. It was a great moment.

Then the cynic in me kicked in and realized that our lame name situation forced him to basically stammer three times in announcing his future to his family, because he kept trying to say “I’m going to be a...” But unfortunately the team he’s going to can’t be bothered to choose a mascot like every other team in major American sports, so his options were “I’m going to be a beveled golden W” or the one he ended up going with in “I’m going to Washington.” Like he’s Jimmy Stewart or something. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Then the cynic in me kicked in and realized that our lame name situation forced him to basically stammer three times in announcing his future to his family, because he kept trying to say “I’m going to be a...” But unfortunately the team he’s going to can’t be bothered to choose a mascot like every other team in major American sports, so his options were “I’m going to be a beveled golden W” or the one he ended up going with in “I’m going to Washington.” Like he’s Jimmy Stewart or something. 

Tired Mondays GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Don’t worry it will 2022 .... my prediction... 2022 comes around and they still don’t have their ish together! 

It’s so freaking obvious the fans want Red Wolves, Warriors or Wolves. Snyder & Rivera just need to make a decision and roll w/ it. Some fans will complain for a while but just like w/ WFT they’ll get used to it, embrace it and move forward with it.

Not a big Jamin Davis fan but Cosmi was my 27th Ranked Player, and Dyami Brown was my WR3 behind Chase and Smith. Think Cosmi is gonna ball in this league. Brown certainly has his work cut out for him, but I was right on the last WR you guys took in the 3rd in McLaurin, hyped that guy up beyond measure before the draft. 

I watched some film and read a lot about Cosmi. I don’t understand him being a 2nd rounder.

Can someone explain this why?

The combo in the  first 2 rounds are perfect. D and O-line are in good hands. D will compete for top 3 D and if Cosmi can become a solid LT. This team will be good to great.

Edited by Dutch DC Football Fan

4 hours ago, Dutch DC Football Fan said:

If watched some film and read a lot about Cosmi. I don’t understand him being a 2nd rounder.

Can someone explain this why?

The combo in the  first 2 rounds are perfect. D an O-line are in good hands. D will compete for top 3 D and if Cosmi can become a solid LT. This team will be good to great

Sometimes is just works out that way bc teams have other players rated higher or have different needs. Most people didn’t have Darrisaw falling to where he did, JOK falling to the Browns in round 2 also. Remember Moses was talking about being a 1st round pick at worst 2nd before the 2014 draft and he fell to us after traded down on round 3.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sometimes is just works out that way bc teams have other players rated higher or have different needs. Most people didn’t have Darrisaw falling to where he did, JOK falling to the Browns in round 2 also. Remember Moses was talking about being a 1st round pick at worst 2nd before the 2014 draft and he fell to us after traded down on round 3.

Thanks man

On 5/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, ripsean21 said:

Are you seeing the same thing I’m seeing with him in pass pro, where he basically waits forever to get his hands involved? Every time I see him (even watching a couple Bradley-King clips just now), I’m taken aback by how he leaves his hands down at his sides for so long. Like a fighter who is inviting his opponent to come rushing in. 

I’m not sure what to make of it. It’s just very unusual to me, though to some degree, I think Taylor Decker from DET does a similar thing. As I said before, I think it may be him compensating for having shorter arms and not wanting to engage until he can get a good shot on the guy, but it seems like some of these NFL athletes will just overwhelm you if you don’t come out and neutralize them early, at least some of the time.