Round Two, Pick 51: Washington selects OT Samuel Cosmi, Texas

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think Christian will make the roster.

Honestly asking: do you think they are planning on keeping Charles outside now that they brought back Flowers? Or that they would only keep 3 tackles?

Tackles as of right this moment (per washingtonfootball.com)
Cornelius Lucas (free agent after 2021)
Morgan Moses (2022)
David Sharpe (2021)
Saahdiq Charles (2023) - recovering from injury
Geron Christian (2021) - recovering from injury
David Steinmetz (2021 - ERFA)

Not listed but on team
Samuel Cosmi (2024, upon signing rookie contract)

As for Cosmi himself, I'm not upset at the pick, but I'm not exactly thrilled with it either. As discussed in the draft thread, this pick is going to be tied up with JOK and Freiermuth as the first of two "what if??" picks for the franchise. He seems like a good kid, highly athletic, but needs a bit of technique refinement. A solid B pick.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

Honestly asking: do you think they are planning on keeping Charles outside now that they brought back Flowers? Or that they would only keep 3 tackles?

Tackles as of right this moment (per washingtonfootball.com)
Cornelius Lucas (free agent after 2021)
Morgan Moses (2022)
David Sharpe (2021)
Saahdiq Charles (2023) - recovering from injury
Geron Christian (2021) - recovering from injury
David Steinmetz (2021 - ERFA)

Not listed but on team
Samuel Cosmi (2024, upon signing rookie contract)

As for Cosmi himself, I'm not upset at the pick, but I'm not exactly thrilled with it either. As discussed in the draft thread, this pick is going to be tied up with JOK and Freiermuth as the first of two "what if??" picks for the franchise. He seems like a good kid, highly athletic, but needs a bit of technique refinement. A solid B pick.

I think Lucas, Cosmi, Moses and Sharpe will make the team as Tackles. Charles will stay at Guard.

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think Lucas, Cosmi, Moses and Sharpe will make the team as Tackles. Charles will stay at Guard.

I could buy all that. Christian might have a chance to beat out Sharpe, but probably is on the outside looking in.

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

I could buy all that. Christian might have a chance to beat out Sharpe, but probably is on the outside looking in.

It’s definitely a coin flip between Christian & Sharpe for that 4th OT spot. Since Christian started some at LT - although not at a good level - I’d give the edge to him at this point but it’s truly a coin flip.

19 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I imagine he will be the swing tackle to start. I don't think the rookie comes in and unseats Lucas or Christian.

Yeah, I think Lucas will be the starting LT unless Christian makes some miraculous jump in technique & toughness at the point of attack - doubtful.

For me like what Woz said, it comes down to Christian vs Sharpe for the #4 TE spot and that’ll be a coin flip but I’d give a slight edge to Christian bc he does have some LT experience and he is a good athlete even if his technique still needs improved & he isn’t as tough at the point of attack as we’d like.